Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Jameson Bryan has got stones
    Has he missed a 3 pointer yet this year?

Comment

Mavs hold off a furious Augie rally. Mavs offense folded without Holt but Riemersma missed a couple FTs late that would've changed everything. Good to see Cartwright back on the court and getting the ball in the biggest moments. Can't wait for the encore tomorrow

Comment

Admittedly from the former wrestler who knows nothing of basketball, but the Coo hold Upper Iowa to 55 points after they averaged in triple digits last weekend. Well done. USF wins 68-55.

Women are actually going to play tomorrow as well.
        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
        2016 NSIC Champions
        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
          Admittedly from the former wrestler who knows nothing of basketball, but the Coo hold Upper Iowa to 55 points after they averaged in triple digits last weekend. Well done. USF wins 68-55.

Women are actually going to play tomorrow as well.
          It was a great defensive performance by the Coo....ugly, ugly game to watch on both sides the first 15 mins, think it was 17-16 coo with 5 minutes to go in first half. Smoldt going 0-11 was horrid and really hurt. UIU had chances first half to catch up and take the lead as the Coo were very cold as well, but the lid was on the hoop. Hope they can shake this one off for tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
            Admittedly from the former wrestler who knows nothing of basketball,
            Well, there are plenty of former basketball player who know nothing about basketball either.............

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Well, there are plenty of former basketball player who know nothing about basketball either.............
              Coaches too. :-)

Although I often suggest splits on back to back same location games, NSU appears to be a notch ahead of us (BSU), especially defensively. I hope I am wrong about tomorrow, but probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post

Coaches too. :-)

Although I often suggest splits on back to back same location games, NSU appears to be a notch ahead of us (BSU), especially defensively. I hope I am wrong about tomorrow, but probably not.
                When I was a boys coach I had a dad tell me that he knew a little about basketball. I resisted the temptation to pick that low hanging fruit, but I waited for my chance. I told him later than he should plant all soybeans that year. He seemed confused so I told him that I grew up on a farm and was a State Farmer for FFA, so I knew a little about farming..............

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    Mavs hold off a furious Augie rally. Mavs offense folded without Holt but Riemersma missed a couple FTs late that would've changed everything. Good to see Cartwright back on the court and getting the ball in the biggest moments. Can't wait for the encore tomorrow
                    Why do I have the feeling this was the game to get this weekend for Augie. They almost stole this one after playing poorly for, well, virtually the entire game. Have to admire the effort, though.

Good to see Cartwright on the court again. Didn't think it was possible for rust to form on his shot because it's so pure, but he did look off tonight. Bryan was a fun watch. He's fearless.

It dawned on me that none of the heralded South Dakotans from the 2018 recruiting class was on the court tonight (Plitzuweit, transferred; Hanson, forced to give up the game because of injury; and LeBrun, injured last week). Enjoy 'em while you can, I guess.
                    Last edited by Blue Ridge Viking; 01-09-2021, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Moorhead handles crookston in game 1 of weekend. Dragons played very solid second half. Appears coaches finding more of a rotation, which last weekend felt a bit disjointed (which is to be expected with no preseason). Dragons showing depth with multiple guys looking to be able to score this season, which was lacking at times last year. Beeninga looking awfully good as a freshman...can shoot it and awfully quick. Good team effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

Why do I have the feeling this was the game to get this weekend for Augie. They almost stole this one after playing poorly for, well, virtually the entire game. Have to admire the effort, though.

Good to see Cartwright on the court again. Didn't think it was possible for rust to form on his shot because it's so pure, but he did look off tonight. Bryan was a fun watch. He's fearless.

It dawned on me that none of the heralded South Dakotans from the 2018 recruiting class was on the court tonight (Plitzuweit, transferred; Hanson, forced to give up the game because of injury; and LeBrun, injured last week). Enjoy 'em while you can, I guess.
                        Augie only played well for about 5-7 minutes last night and I think adjusting to a defensive presence like Kramer takes some reps. Riemersma came on strong at the end by spotting up and either shooting or driving past Kramer, thats a recipe for success today. Also Todd, Fink, and Cartwright cant shoot it worse than they did last night.

Obviously Holt shot the ball poorly for Kato and it's unlikely he does that again given his talent. Biggest defensive thing for Augie is handling screens with Kramer, it requires three defenders to handle so the Mavs will always have a momentary advantage.

Comment

Unless guys weren't preparing over the "down" time I am baffled with the lack of playing time for some of the other guys. Definitely echo all of your thoughts on our offense and with Bergan. We should look so much better than we have but hopefully it is just a slow start and they start finding a rhythm together.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

When I was a boys coach I had a dad tell me that he knew a little about basketball. I resisted the temptation to pick that low hanging fruit, but I waited for my chance. I told him later than he should plant all soybeans that year. He seemed confused so I told him that I grew up on a farm and was a State Farmer for FFA, so I knew a little about farming..............
                            Yes, we should choose our words wisely.

Comment

Two quick, and somewhat suspicious, fouls on Holt and Augie has a huge built in advantage. Can they take advantage?

Comment

This is an unbelievably hideous start for both teams. Maybe 2pm after a 6pm start is too quick of a turn around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X