• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New NSIC

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      It's almost impossible to kick a team out of a conference. The lawsuits would pile up. It would simply be easier to form a completely new conference.
      Nailed It! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Nailed It! ;)
        Haha

Comment

So, I have a theory...was just talking to a friend and kind of formed this. I am a nobody so there is no evidence or information to back any of this. Just trying to do my best Miss Cleo here.

You know, the way college athletics are shifting, I feel like Northern is making this big push because there is going to be some shift down the road. I figure the conference will split mainly based on football scholarships and eventually there will be something higher than D1 for the power five programs. A level where there is a pay compensation.

Because as we see this constant trend of schools trying to move up, I think the D1 landscape will be saturated and change. Meaning this new conference of the "top" schools will eventually be D1 but only after that landscape has changed where D1 is more so the long time less successful schools of D1 and a lot of the old D2.

Just mainly a discussion piece here but I parts of it I feel pretty strongly will happen over our lifetime and maybe much sooner than we think.

Comment

Also new in 2020/2021 - the international 3pt line for D2. D1 is making the change this year and D2/D3 will follow the year after.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              Also new in 2020/2021 - the international 3pt line for D2. D1 is making the change this year and D2/D3 will follow the year after.
              I think it is a very good rule change.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X