Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post

Back in August, a local Bemidji person was promoting youth sports providing reasonable rational for their return. A couple local academic elites shamed him and I responded with the article link below. The data trends (fatalities in particular) continue (see today's report especially pages 22 & 29 just as they were in August) with ZERO COVID-19 related deaths out of an estimated 1,085,925 Minnesota young people ages 5-19 (20% of the state's population). Good news for our youth.

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/opini...-conversations

https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea...idweekly02.pdf (I couldn't get this to link properly)

For your consideration. Karl

well said. Of course, none of these studies take into account any mental health issues or chemical issues related to children. the Experts have ignored that important aspect of all this . Shameful

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

FWIW, I'm not arguing in favor or against playing. Death rates are low among youth but we still don't know long-term effects and there are some horror stories about effects on youth going on still 5-6 months after contracting COVID (how prevalent that is, I'm not sure). However, I don't want to start a political conversation either.

My point, which seems to be agreed upon by many, is that saying your starting the season in January for safety reasons makes no sense. As with most viruses, the worst months are December-February. If you are truly worried about safety then just don't play the season. Starting earlier allows you to get 5 or 6 games in before the Winter Break and provide some cushion after the break to makeup games. Most everyone predicted cases were going to get worse and worse through the winter until the weather warmed up and people could get outside. Doesn't make much sense to start the season in the middle of that and right after the holidays when there have been large, indoor gatherings. Unfortunately, I think it's just a lot of CYA going on. By saying you have these plans to make things "safer" it provides some cover, regardless of whether it actually makes it safer or not.
      The spike in mental health issues is staggering. Kids need to play. Parents need to be able to make the decision whether thir kids play or not instead of a blanket stoppage. Fall seasons were played. They went well.

Amazing how we have handled this. Amazing. The country being scared is mind boggling. Fear is a powerful motivator in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

The spike in mental health issues is staggering. Kids need to play. Parents need to be able to make the decision whether thir kids play or not instead of a blanket stoppage. Fall seasons were played. They went well.

Amazing how we have handled this. Amazing. The country being scared is mind boggling. Fear is a powerful motivator in politics.
        You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Everybody has their own opinion, to each their own.

Comment

Moorhead

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

well said. Of course, none of these studies take into account any mental health issues or chemical issues related to children. the Experts have ignored that important aspect of all this . Shameful
            Honest minds know what the over the top COVID reaction was about.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

How is it out west? At 4 AM it was warm and calm. At 6:45 it was windy and raining. At 10:15 it was snowing. Now it is cloudy but no precip. I'm more worried about the high winds that are predicted. I can stay home but I'd like to have electricity.
              Pretty much 70 and not a cloud in the sky out here in Arizona. Kind of boring if you care to know the truth.

Comment

And our prayers are answered. Do these scramble games count for anything or are they just for fun?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

How is it out west? At 4 AM it was warm and calm. At 6:45 it was windy and raining. At 10:15 it was snowing. Now it is cloudy but no precip. I'm more worried about the high winds that are predicted. I can stay home but I'd like to have electricity.
                  Since when did you get electricity? :)

Comment

Beavers up 6-2 on the Dragons with 14:53 left. Two terrible travels by BSU and the Dragons now up 14-9, turnover BSU.

We're (BSU) not guarding anyone on the perimeter. Beavers have 11 turnovers in the first 11 minutes. 17-12 Dragons.

4:34 left in the first half, Dragons up 20 (34-14). Ugh.

42-22 Dragons at half.

Wayne up 29-7 on Mankato! 10 minutes left in half number one.
                    Last edited by CoachSalscheider; 01-15-2021, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                      Beavers up 6-2 on the Dragons with 14:53 left. Two terrible travels by BSU and the Dragons now up 14-9, turnover BSU.

We're (BSU) not guarding anyone on the perimeter. Beavers have 11 turnovers in the first 11 minutes. 17-12 Dragons.

4:34 left in the first half, Dragons up 20 (34-14). Ugh.

42-22 Dragons at half.

Wayne up 29-7 on Mankato! 10 minutes left in half number one.
                      I mean, I could breakdown Mankato basketball in a quick minute but...I think we all get it by now

Comment

Moorhead very good first half against bemidgi. Very deep team...this year it appears. Starting to find some rhythm.

Comment

We have a Dylan LeBrun sighting

Comment

This year's Bears squad is on par with some of the worst Concordia teams in the last decade. The ghost of Kelly Boe and Dan Vandervieren continue to haunt them

Comment

Augie up 43-21 over Concordia at the half. Vikings at full strength for the first time in a year, looks like they'll get a couple scrimmages to ease back into the groove.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Since when did you get electricity? :)
                                I hooked up a generator to my bicycle and rode it like Gilligan chasing Mary Ann. But now that she is gone, so is the power.

I know that men's basketball plays halves, but the Mavs were already done in the first quarter tonight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X