Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NWMSU Bearcats 2019-2020

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    Just looking around and on Verbal commits it looks like NW also has an offer out to another 6'7" kid, Spencer Jones from Bishop Miege in Kansas. Averaged 17 points and nearly 8 rebounds last season.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/spencer-jones-ks
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/10609906/Spencer-Jones
    Not that it relates to the Bearcats now, but I was looking for an update on this kid... appears he committed to Stanford. Good for him! He must be smart too.

Comment

An article on the state of the Northwest basketball program.

http://www.maryvilleforum.com/sports...dfe189e6a.html

I thought it was interesting that Coach McCollum indicated that he'd like to get 1-2 more commits for this coming year. I'd think that there would be slim pickings out there.

Comment

I have it on good authority that Coach McCollum extended an offer to Lindenwood Transfer Diego Womack when he got his release after the coaching change at Lindenwood.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoTheLion View Post
          I have it on good authority that Coach McCollum extended an offer to Lindenwood Transfer Diego Womack when he got his release after the coaching change at Lindenwood.
          Hmm, interesting. Wonder if his thinking 1-2 more commits for the coming year is due to the new transfer portal opening up more of those opportunities. The numbers in there are ridiculous, wonder how many will end up falling to D2?

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
            Hmm, interesting. Wonder if his thinking 1-2 more commits for the coming year is due to the new transfer portal opening up more of those opportunities. The numbers in there are ridiculous, wonder how many will end up falling to D2?
            Plenty of guys still available...maybe also plenty of questions on the baggage that may come with a number of them, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
              Plenty of guys still available...maybe also plenty of questions on the baggage that may come with a number of them, however.
              Good point! I'd imagine all of them have some level of baggage, some with more than others. Some coaches deal better with handling that baggage than others. I think some team cultures are able to handle that incoming baggage too.

Comment

Good point! I'd imagine all of them have some level of baggage, some with more than others. Some coaches deal better with handling that baggage than others. I think some team cultures are able to handle that incoming baggage too.
                I seriously doubt Mac is taking anyone on with serious baggage. Womack as a player is what we could use- a forward who can play post defense and get some boards. How his personality would fit I have no idea.

There have been many good players who couldn't get off the bench and found success elsewhere because of personality and attitude. 5-6 years ago NW had a very talented kid who could score but played no defense and pouted due to no playing time. He ended up transferring to Iowa St. and was the 6th man for a Top 25 team there but he couldn't get off the bench here due to those other aspects. That's a glaring example but there are others which leads me to believe Mac is not going to bring someone in who will be a headache and cause distractions.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                  I seriously doubt Mac is taking anyone on with serious baggage. Womack as a player is what we could use- a forward who can play post defense and get some boards. How his personality would fit I have no idea.

There have been many good players who couldn't get off the bench and found success elsewhere because of personality and attitude. 5-6 years ago NW had a very talented kid who could score but played no defense and pouted due to no playing time. He ended up transferring to Iowa St. and was the 6th man for a Top 25 team there but he couldn't get off the bench here due to those other aspects. That's a glaring example but there are others which leads me to believe Mac is not going to bring someone in who will be a headache and cause distractions.
                  Hearing rumor that Moorhead may get first hand look at Nw Missouri st. this year in early November. Should be good for young dragons to get early experience against such quality team.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                    Hearing rumor that Moorhead may get first hand look at Nw Missouri st. this year in early November. Should be good for young dragons to get early experience against such quality team.
                    Doesn't look like it

https://bearcatsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Obviously getting bad intel

Comment

Only 22 games including Duke, I would assume they have some to add still.

Comment

May not be final schedule yet either....as looks to be room for two more non conference games??

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Wasn't even hinting that he would. Was dealing purely in generalizations about kids in the transfer portal. I'm sure there are some with a lot of baggage and some with very little and some will thrive in a new situation and other's won't.

Comment

Wasn't even hinting that he would. Was dealing purely in generalizations about kids in the transfer portal. I'm sure there are some with a lot of baggage and some with very little and some will thrive in a new situation and other's won't.
                              Hard to argue with such controversial comments.... :)

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                                Only 22 games including Duke, I would assume they have some to add still.
                                Good catch, I didn't look closely

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X