Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NWMSU Bearcats 2019-2020

I seriously doubt there are no games from November 2 to December 5.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
      I seriously doubt there are no games from November 2 to December 5.
      They looked for the most challenging non-conference schedule they could find, and decided that would be a series of intrasquad scrimmages.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
        They looked for the most challenging non-conference schedule they could find, and decided that would be a series of intrasquad scrimmages.
        That would be ideal but tough to do unless they get a couple more guys in. Only 11 on the roster right now.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
          5-6 years ago NW had a very talented kid who could score but played no defense and pouted due to no playing time. He ended up transferring to Iowa St. and was the 6th man for a Top 25 team there but he couldn't get off the bench here due to those other aspects.
          Are you talking about Jordan Ashton? Based on this article (
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.des...m/amp/83566380) 6th man at ISU seems a bit generous for 7.9 minutes and one point per game.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
            Are you talking about Jordan Ashton? Based on this article (
            https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.des...m/amp/83566380) 6th man at ISU seems a bit generous for 7.9 minutes and one point per game.
            Yes, sorry going off memory. He was 8th in games played for Iowa State that year. Never said he lit it up there but he was able to play fairly consistently for a top 25 program. Never really got off the bench at NW. My reference to him being a talented scorer was his time at NW, not at Iowa St.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
              Hmm, interesting. Wonder if his thinking 1-2 more commits for the coming year is due to the new transfer portal opening up more of those opportunities. The numbers in there are ridiculous, wonder how many will end up falling to D2?
              Do any Northwest fans have any inside knowledge on the situation? Were they able to pick up any other recruits/transfers?

Comment

Didn't know best place for this but NW is off to an unusually early start in recruiting. Picked up 2 commitments in the last few days.

Byron Alexander- 6'2 guard(saw some reports he's now 6'4 and more of a wing) from Staley.

Daniel Abreu- 6'6 SF from Willard. Seems to have been highly recruited by D2's in the area. Sounds like the staff is really excited about him.

Not sure on much details on either. Usually NW only gets one signed in the early period at most. When they do they are typically high on the list for the staff so it's good seeing a couple already.

Comment

Thanks for the update... watching some highlights, Abreu looks like the system guys we've had and been getting. Long, can shoot the 3, but he looks like he'll rebound and play D too... Got some fight, reminded me a little of Hawkins in the clips I watched. Alexander looks like he has a strong college ready body and athletic... most of the highlights I saw of him were him dunking.

Verbal commits also has a 6'5" guard from Creighton Prep listed as committed. Spencer Schomers... looks like he can stroke it too. Hopefully we've got the program where we're reloading and not rebuilding... The renovations to Bearcat Arena will go a long way in that too if / when they happen. Looking forward to getting these guys to the Ville and seeing what they become!

Comment

I've only watched clips myself and Hawkins but shorter was the comparison the staff used for Abreu so pretty spot on in your assessment. The comp they gave for Alexander was Diego but not as athletic (but who is??). I can see that with him being aggressive in attacking the basket in the highlight clips.

Comment

Breaking: sources indicate Ben McCollum in the mix for Wake Forest job

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...all-exhibition

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        Breaking: sources indicate Ben McCollum in the mix for Wake Forest job

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...all-exhibition
                        My "laughing so hard I'm crying emojis" aren't showing. Oh well...

Comment

Very impressive showing at duke today

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                            Had to impress with Wake Forest not so far away.

Comment

Every paycheck NW spends on Ben McCollum is a better investment than the one before it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                                Joey Who?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X