Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC - Week 5

USF men are back in business. Second game added to the weekend. Guess we'll have to climb in the rankings and standing the old-fashioned way, playing games.

Per NSIC:
    The Sioux Falls at Minnesota State men's basketball weekend series will now consist of a game on Sat., January 30 at 6 p.m. and a second game on Sun., January 31 at 2 p.m.

https://twitter.com/NorthernSunConf/...57074226245632
    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
    2016 NSIC Champions
    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Two suspicious travel calls against Augie by Dougie "fresh cut" Votava AND no Shrimptastic commercials, good thing Augie is winning or else this would be a disaster

Comment

I didn't see the first one, but that travel call he made on Lebrun was inexcusable. He has no shame.

Comment

Haha. I logged in to complain about the travel on LeBrun, decided it wasn't worth it, then refreshed the screen to see I wasn't the only one who thought it was ridiculously bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          Two suspicious travel calls against Augie by Dougie "fresh cut" Votava AND no Shrimptastic commercials, good thing Augie is winning or else this would be a disaster
          I'm really having a hard time understanding the "Votava favors Augie" mindset that has been expressed on here. I sure haven't felt that way the last several times he's reffed Augie games.

Comment

Jareese Williams is a PROBLEM

Comment

I must be watching a different game than these officials. Awful foul call on Dykman transitions to a Reimersma dunk getting wiped off the board for a bogus travel call. This isn't right.

Comment

Disappointing game. Makes me miss the days when we had a Dan Jansen or a Casey Schilling who, when the game was close, would just pound it in and score and make sure we kept a lead no matter what. I would imagine we can't afford to lose many more at this point.

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Augie just isn't a good shooting team. Not all-time bad, just not very good.

Every now and then, they'll have a half like the first half tonight, in which they are lights out. But they can't sustain it. Pick your cliche: Regression to the mean. Water finds its own level. Happened again tonight: Shot 37.5 percent in the second half.

I think lack of depth also is taking its toll. No Matt Cartwright. No Trevor Hanson. Those are big losses. Also, Bennett Otto seems to be plateauing (or even regressing?). Production from the bench essentially is down to Michael Schaefer and Jamerson Bryan, and they combined for four points tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I'm really having a hard time understanding the "Votava favors Augie" mindset that has been expressed on here. I sure haven't felt that way the last several times he's reffed Augie games.
                    It's just nice to see the conference is evening things out a bit. I mean, Augie can't get EVERY call in EVERY game, right? They already get an often unearned home court advantage in the conference tournament. :)

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

It's just nice to see the conference is evening things out a bit. I mean, Augie can't get EVERY call in EVERY game, right? They already get an often unearned home court advantage in the conference tournament. :)
                      Well I'm glad they didn't take that away too or other fans wouldn't have any reasons to whine and complain about us. And I know that would be hard for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                        I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Augie just isn't a good shooting team. Not all-time bad, just not very good.

Every now and then, they'll have a half like the first half tonight, in which they are lights out. But they can't sustain it. Pick your cliche: Regression to the mean. Water finds its own level. Happened again tonight: Shot 37.5 percent in the second half.

I think lack of depth also is taking its toll. No Matt Cartwright. No Trevor Hanson. Those are big losses. Also, Bennett Otto seems to be plateauing (or even regressing?). Production from the bench essentially is down to Michael Schaefer and Jamerson Bryan, and they combined for four points tonight.
                        Augie in the first half last night: 57% FG, 69% 3pt, 90% FT
                        Augie in the second half last night: 37% FG, 17% 3pt, 67% FT

This group has proven that their best is as good as almost every team in the league, however their inconsistency has been a problem for most of the last two seasons. Last night UIU imposed their small ball will in the second half, Jackson Foley made Matt Todd's life miserable.

Comment

Not everyday you see a charge called on a kid when both he and the defender are in the air.

Comment

The Brooks McCown school of post defense is flop on the second dribble, have to admire UIU's consistency

Comment

10 threes for UIU in the first 13.5 minutes of the game. Yeeeehhhaaawwwww

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X