Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a harder and harder time understanding how we beat Moorhead (who is currently receiving Top 25 votes) twice without both Cartwright and LeBrun, yet can't pull off these close games against Mankato, Winona, and now UIU. Granted, Mankato was also without LeBrun or a healthy Cartwright, but still...would love for the coaches to get back to whatever formula was working against the Dragons.

Comment

Nice sweep by the Peacocks this weekend! Not easy to do in this format. Jareese WIlliams and Smoldt were on fire for UIU. Good to get back on track after losing a few close ones. UIU can be very, very dangerous, but seem to always go on about a 5 minute stretch in each game where they throw up hurried shots, play sloppy D and turn the ball over. Happened again today in 2nd half, but they stuck with it and hit some clutch shots down the stretch. Need to sweep on road next weekend to stay in the thick of things. Great job this weekend!

Comment

Wildcats complete the weekend sweep at Winona. Janssen didn't really have his typical shooting touch but Mohr and the freshmen all stepped up their scoring. Milender was over 20 pts today. He really has a quick first step.

Comment

I watch basketball all day, everyday, my whole life. I should not be confused about officiating calls every mothersuckin NSIC game I see. Mistakes happen, I understand that. I want to hear explanations for tonight's call-reversals. This does not seem like I'm watching regulation college basketball

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I would love some clarification on the "why" of that entire sequence. The broadcast guy really had no explanation of why it was happening, just that it was happening.

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if the refs really don't have a why either.
            -
            I've gotten some crazy technicals when I was coaching. Not many, I can remember every one. One was for asking for a correctable error at the scorer's table, another was for saying "50" to my team on court (full court man to man press). In both games the opposing coach said I shouldn't have gotten the T. In the second case he said, "He must not like the number 50- I've been saying 13 all night" (1-3-1).

I've got more stories but no, sometimes they don't really know, they just react. Of course there were times that I DIDN'T get a T and should have but those are other stories.

Oh ya- it was the same official on both of those- half the t's that I got were from him.

Comment

Tie ball game in Aberdeen with 14 to go

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Boy View Post
                  I watch basketball all day, everyday, my whole life. I should not be confused about officiating calls every mothersuckin NSIC game I see. Mistakes happen, I understand that. I want to hear explanations for tonight's call-reversals. This does not seem like I'm watching regulation college basketball
                  First one the rule is if the defender is in the cylinder it can't be a charge - correct call to reverse. Second one same sort of thing - you have to give offensive player room - he turned elbow hit face and was clear defender didn't give the required room. They reversed that in favor of Augie - correct call.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                        I'm having a harder and harder time understanding how we beat Moorhead (who is currently receiving Top 25 votes) twice without both Cartwright and LeBrun, yet can't pull off these close games against Mankato, Winona, and now UIU. Granted, Mankato was also without LeBrun or a healthy Cartwright, but still...would love for the coaches to get back to whatever formula was working against the Dragons.

Comment

Mavs beat the Coo 90-59

Anderson, Holt & Thedford LLP lead the way scoring tonight. The Kreature with 4 blocks. Solid game tonight, gotta do it again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                            Mavs beat the Coo 90-59

Anderson, Holt & Thedford LLP lead the way scoring tonight. The Kreature with 4 blocks. Solid game tonight, gotta do it again tomorrow.
                            Coo only hit one three. Didn't capitalize on their offensive rebounding. Mavs had more run outs that I can remember. It will be a lot closer tomorrow. Maybe their best game of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

First one the rule is if the defender is in the cylinder it can't be a charge - correct call to reverse.
                              This would make sense... Except he wasn't in the cylinder. That's why I want an explanation from someone who isn't inbred.

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Boy View Post

This would make sense... Except he wasn't in the cylinder. That's why I want an explanation from someone who isn't inbred.
                                You seem nice - except he was...it was right under the basket. Viking tears seem to be the best ones on here tonight....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X