Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

You seem nice - except he was...it was right under the basket. Viking tears seem to be the best ones on here tonight....
    It was right under the basket. That's why I'm confused that the ref under the basket called it a charge and the other one 20 feet away made him switch it to a block.

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Boy View Post

It was right under the basket. That's why I'm confused that the ref under the basket called it a charge and the other one 20 feet away made him switch it to a block.
      Arc is the correct term for this one - from the rule book: A charge is an offensive foul and a block is a defensive foul. When a charge is called, it means that an offensive player has made significant contact with a defender that has an established position. ... The restrictive area is defined as the four-foot arc underneath the basket where a player cannot draw charges.

The refs got together, discussed, and the other two confirmed it was within that arc. Maybe the ref that did call it just blanked on it and was reminded....the correct call was made, shouldn't be an issue with that.

Comment

Arc is the correct term for this one - from the rule book: A charge is an offensive foul and a block is a defensive foul. When a charge is called, it means that an offensive player has made significant contact with a defender that has an established position. ... The restrictive area is defined as the four-foot arc underneath the basket where a player cannot draw charges.

The refs got together, discussed, and the other two confirmed it was within that arc. Maybe the ref that did call it just blanked on it and was reminded....the correct call was made, shouldn't be an issue with that.

Comment

https://www1.arbitersports.com/Group...Info_final.pdf explains the rule Here's pic as well. Watched replay, secondary defender came from across lane jumped in air, landed on the arc line. Therefore a blocking foul...originally called a charge, refs conferred and changed.
          Attached Files

Comment

Getting an error uploading the screen capture - something about limit on groups upload quota. Anyhow shows defender standing on arc line.

Comment

https://www1.arbitersports.com/Group...Info_final.pdf explains the rule Here's pic as well. Watched replay, secondary defender came from across lane jumped in air, landed on the arc line. Therefore a blocking foul...originally called a charge, refs conferred and changed.
              I guess my question to that is shouldn't they have checked a video review at that point? Unless I'm missing something, I feel like they simply discussed it but didn't review anything. If it's something that needs to be discussed amongst all three refs, shouldn't they have video reviewed it at that point instead of just chatting for a second and then overturning the call?

Comment

I've said it before, but it's weird to be on the 2008-2012 Winona fan side of this conversation. When we were still trying to climb our way to the top, I couldn't stand Winona fans and enjoyed/celebrated every little loss they suffered along the way.

Now I have a better understanding of why they were the way they were. I still would've enjoyed watching them struggle, but I can empathize with them now.

I guess that's what happens when you've reached the top instead of getting super close but falling short. :)

That being said, I would love to see us back up there soon. It sucks to not be winning like we were a few years ago. But nobody cares about living in the past except the people who won in the past. (Hence the enjoyment of seeing Augie fans' frustration on here, I'm sure.)

I still think this team can figure things out and finish out the year strong, even if we won't finish at the top of the standings. I certainly think we have the talent and potential to win three games in a row and make the Regional, but we need to make sure we actually make the conference tournament first.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I guess my question to that is shouldn't they have checked a video review at that point? Unless I'm missing something, I feel like they simply discussed it but didn't review anything. If it's something that needs to be discussed amongst all three refs, shouldn't they have video reviewed it at that point instead of just chatting for a second and then overturning the call?
                  Yeah - not sure on why they didn't go to video either, would assume that is one that would have been easy to review. They never showed replay either so went back today and looked. I'm guessing one ref said they clearly saw it?? No idea, but appears right call was made in this case. On the other reversal I was perplexed at first, but announcer did a good job explaining the rule and then they did replay it and showed defender right up on him when he turned thus the foul on the defender, not Augie.

Comment

Getting a chance to tune in to the last few mins of the USF game today...

70-62 Coo with about 30 seconds to play.

Jack Thompson and Tessie Pal having a day with 25 points apiece. Nice to see them bounce back and after yesterday's brick fest.
                    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

74-62 USF wins.

Managing a split after last night is just fine by me.

Now let's keep playing some ball these coming weekends.

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                      2016 NSIC Champions
                      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                        74-62 USF wins.

Managing a split after last night is just fine by me.

Now let's keep playing some ball these coming weekends.
                        Good win for USF today. Mavs forgot to score the last 3+ minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Good win for USF today. Mavs forgot to score the last 3+ minutes.
                          Mavs did not close out well today. I wasn't surprised at the outcome- that happens so often after a blowout that the other team comes back to win.

Comment

Comment

Here are my thoughts after week 5....

https://twitter.com/DBrownMidcoSN/st...57018447286272

Comment

There will only be one Augie vs SMSU game this weekend.

https://goaugie.com/news/2021/2/2/vi...nday-only.aspx

Not great for Augie's NSIC Tourney chances since UIU is scheduled to play Concordia.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X