Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Washburn - Northeastern Okie game for Sat. is now postponed.

Comment

Comment

Washburn won a big game with a team that is really beat up and depleted. We had 3 missing starters and 1 kid sick with the flu on our top ten. We played 7 including a walk on and gutted out the win. I was impressed with Roger State's talent level. I thought we played well and we did not pull away until the end. Tyler Geiman is playing at a very high level. He had 29pts., 8 assists and 7 rebounds. He is about to go over 500 assists and amazingly 500 rebounds and he is already over 100 steals and over 1200 points. I think he might be the first guy in Washburn history to have those kind of numbers in those 4 categories. I checked the all time stats and he is currently #5 in Washburn history in defensive rebounds. He is a 6'1" point guard! We need to get healthy and get some guys back and hopefully we can finish the season strong. No game Saturday due to COVID at NSU.

Comment

Comment

That's about as bad as I've ever seen Hudgins play. Really careless with basketball in first half. Give MW credit. Quick hands and did nice job getting into passing lanes. If MW could hit FT's, might be a different outcome for them. Bernard played extremely well handling point after Hudgins went to bench with his 4th. NW did not handle the high pick for Carroll very well and I thought NW man assignments were a bit odd.
            Last edited by CatFan88; 02-06-2021, 05:40 PM.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Something obviously up with Trevor. Had a wrap of some kind on his hand in first half and you could tell he was hesitant. Could get to lane but wouldn't shoot which lead to those forced passes and turnovers. About a minute left in half he took it off and looked much better to finish half. He came out looking very good in second half and then picked up the 4th foul in first 5 minutes and had to sit for awhile. Hopefully he gets over whatever he's dealing with soon.

Comment

Comment

NW seemed to wake up after being down 40-30. tied at 61 with 2 minutes left and out scored MW 9-3. MW is very good-not looking forward to seeing them again so soon

Comment

Comment

Week 10 is a wrap. Best win: NWMS over MO West in a hard fought game in Maryville. Worst loss: Not just one but Lincoln going 0-3 this week losing three road games to UCO, MSSU & Pitt St. Top Performances of the week:

1)Cam Martin(MSSU)--27ppg and 16rpg going 2-1
                      2)Isaiah Wade(UCO)--21.5ppg and 9rpg going 2-1
                      3)Ryan Hawkins(NWMS)--20.5ppg and 8rpg going 2-0
                      4)Tyler Geiman(Wash)--29pts, 7reb and 8 assists going 1-0
                      5)Callon Hayden(UCO)--18.9ppg and 7.1apg going 2-1
                      6)Jared Vitzum(FHSU)---19ppg and 10.5rpg going 2-0

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                        Tyler Geiman is playing at a very high level. He had 29pts., 8 assists and 7 rebounds. He is about to go over 500 assists and amazingly 500 rebounds and he is already over 100 steals and over 1200 points. I think he might be the first guy in Washburn history to have those kind of numbers in those 4 categories. I checked the all time stats and he is currently #5 in Washburn history in defensive rebounds. He is a 6'1" point guard!
                        That's impressive! Outside of the end result, I really enjoyed watching him play at Northwest this year. He was the best guard on the floor that night, which I think is saying something... he seems to have carried that momentum and kept Washburn afloat through all their injuries.

Comment

He is having a really good year. He's got some good shooters around him in Braun, Lewis and Nelson. That certainly helps spread the floor and allows him to penetrate. I've always been a Trevor Hudgins fan. I think they are a good match-up. I think they both do a bunch respectively for their teams. Should be fun to see them go at it later this month in Topeka.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X