Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA--Week 11

I think the intrigue as this season winds down to the last 3 weeks is the log jam in the standings at 3rd thru 10th. There are 8 teams going after 6 spots in the MIAA and all 8 teams are within 2 losses. Pitt State and MO Southern sit on top of the heap at 10-7 and in 10th is Roger State at 7-9. There are a lot of important games that will decide who gets to play in the post season. The only other thing to watch is NWMS. They have a two game lead in the loss column and they have 3 games this week A 3-0 week would put them in a great spot with 2 weeks left.

With the GAC being shifted to another region, and the Central Region now only consisting of six bids for the NSIC and MIAA combined, the battle for third place in the MIAA becomes quite important.

Comment

Yes. I think UCO is in the conversation as well and I don't think you can count out MO West. Those two are 8-6. They have a lot of games left so if they get on a little role that could end up at 15-7 or 14-8

Comment

I think there are quite a few teams that could end up getting that 3rd spot, with Rogers State being one of them.

Comment

Comment

NW 79-56 @ MoWest- both coaches pulled their starters with about 4 minutes left. I big difference from last Thursday was almost no steals by MW

Comment

Watched the replay of last nights NW - Mo West game and about the 5:30 mark of the 2nd half, #3 for MoWest pulled a Grayson Allen type of move as he intentionally tripped Hawkins. Totally lost all my respect for the young man. While I know frustration had set in at that point, there is no place in basketball for that type of play.

Comment

Anyone have video of the above mentioned play so we don't all have to go watch the replay??

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                  UCO is playing well, and their next 7 games are against teams that are all below .500 right now. Their final game is against Missouri Southern, who already beat them so that could be a huge end of season game.
                  FHSU vs UCO today could be an interesting game. They just played on Saturday and it was a very intense game with FHSU getting the W at home. Emotions may still be running high. Also a weird start time of 3:30.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post
                    Anyone have video of the above mentioned play so we don't all have to go watch the replay??
                    I'm going to have to go back and look too. I watched the game, but I missed it and didn't really seeing any player reaction/dust up type stuff either. To be fair, at that point of the game, I was loosely paying attention and probably looking at my phone half of the time too.

Comment

Just looked at the play again and it happened with 4:58 to go in the game. Hawkins got the rebound and passed off to a team mate and you can see #3 intentionally trip him. Hawkins goes down at the 4:51 mark. The official was watching the ball and missed the trip. I will add that Westerns radio guys were talking about how MW seems to look with palms up and many of the calls. One even said we need to mature and play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                        Just looked at the play again and it happened with 4:58 to go in the game. Hawkins got the rebound and passed off to a team mate and you can see #3 intentionally trip him. Hawkins goes down at the 4:51 mark. The official was watching the ball and missed the trip. I will add that Westerns radio guys were talking about how MW seems to look with palms up and many of the calls. One even said we need to mature and play the game.
                        Yes, I heard their radio guys say that a few different times about the players not accepting calls when they are made. Unfortunately, that's not limited to the MoWest kids. You see that everywhere now... junior high, high school, college, pros. I don't think Ryan Hawkins has ever committed a foul in his mind... lol I'm old school and it drives me nuts. I always told my son and the kids I coached to hand the ball to the ref and not say a word. If they couldn't do that, they got to sit by me. Granted, I wasn't coaching in college where you can't just sit you good players for looking funny at an official.

Comment

On the flip side, I saw plenty of helping each other off the floor (NW helping MW and vice versa) too. Hawkins was on fire, help D on the dribble drive was solid and MoWest couldn't hit shots.

Comment

I just watched it... you're right it looked intentional. It was reactionary to Hawkins throwing his ass into him to clear space, but yeah, he did it. I don't think I would put it on the same level as some of the sh*t Grayson Allen pulled. Hawk just got up and ran down the court, if it would've been done in a way of trying to hurt someone, I'm sure Hawk would have had some words or gotten in his face. Meh...much ado about nothing.

Comment

It sounds like the Bearcats are hitting on all cylinders with a dominant performance over MO West. The Ichabods had a nice win over Lincoln. They played well but not great but still got a 15pt. win. The 'Bods shot 55% from the field and 48% from three on 13 out of 27. I think they are getting closer to getting Clausing and McKee back as both suited up last night. Got a tough one at UCM on Sat. They always pay us tough in Warrensburg. The Mules lost both on the road over the weekend but they had won 4 of 5 before that with their loss being against NWMS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X