Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

The South has been a battle like most of us would have predicted.
    I suspect not. The preseason coach's poll had Wayne dead last in the south. They had a rough year in 19-20, and then Ferrarini left. Turns out the guys brought in to replace him have more than filled the void.

Wayne has grown every week. When you play four freshman significant minutes you can expect some rough patches, but the entire team defends well and are remarkably unselfish on offense. It's pleasant basketball to watch when you have multiple players with point guard skill sets on the floor simultaneously. They just fit together. Not every team does. Credit to the coaching staff and the players themselves.

Northern is still almost certainly a better team, so your eyes didn't deceive you on the first weekend. I'm hoping for a rematch in a couple of weeks so I can view the progress made (hopefully). If everyone comes back 2021-22 is setting up to be a very enjoyable year for the Wildcats.

Comment

Parker Fox. Ball player

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post

I suspect not. The preseason coach's poll had Wayne dead last in the south. They had a rough year in 19-20, and then Ferrarini left. Turns out the guys brought in to replace him have more than filled the void.

Wayne has grown every week. When you play four freshman significant minutes you can expect some rough patches, but the entire team defends well and are remarkably unselfish on offense. It's pleasant basketball to watch when you have multiple players with point guard skill sets on the floor simultaneously. They just fit together. Not every team does. Credit to the coaching staff and the players themselves.

Northern is still almost certainly a better team, so your eyes didn't deceive you on the first weekend. I'm hoping for a rematch in a couple of weeks so I can view the progress made (hopefully). If everyone comes back 2021-22 is setting up to be a very enjoyable year for the Wildcats.

Comment

I'm concerned that SMSU only playing us once two weekends ago instead of twice is going to hurt us when the dust settles this weekend. Unless we just win both against Wayne. Then I suppose we'll still be ok. But this is not one of the years in which I'd feel quite as confident about winning two against the Wildcats, as they have clearly proven to be a strong team all around this year.

In a normal season, this would've been a great year to have the Wildcats as a travel partner. Stupid pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              I'm concerned that SMSU only playing us once two weekends ago instead of twice is going to hurt us when the dust settles this weekend. Unless we just win both against Wayne. Then I suppose we'll still be ok. But this is not one of the years in which I'd feel quite as confident about winning two against the Wildcats, as they have clearly proven to be a strong team all around this year.

In a normal season, this would've been a great year to have the Wildcats as a travel partner. Stupid pandemic.
              Yeah - that one game could make a difference depending on how things play out. UIU didn't get to play them at all - hard to say how it would have turned out, but 2 more wins would make me feel a lot better right now (conversely two losses would not have been so good). All we can do is take care of the games played!

Comment

Are they deciding who gets in strictly on percentage conference wins?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                  Are they deciding who gets in strictly on percentage conference wins?
                  That is my understanding

Comment

Here are my thoughts after Week 7...https://twitter.com/DBrownMidcoSN/st...25059715522562

Don't forget: Midco Sports Network will have EVERY game from the 2021 NSIC Tournament LIVE starting on Thursday, February 25!

Comment

The MIAA is determining their top 8 that advance into the conference tourney based on the top 8 in "Scheduling Index Pts". The formula is : Winning Pct. x .8 + Games played divided by 22 x .2. Basically a team that plays more games is rewarded slightly. 80% on win pct. and 20% on games played. I don't know if that makes us smarter than you guys up north or we just like making things complicated. Basically, it looks like we may get in all of our games so it may be irrelevant which in essence makes us dumber for having this.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                        Any truth to the rumor that Northern is considering an "opt-out" of the NSIC tourney in order to avoid any COVID issues? It would appear that they do have a regional bid wrapped up.
                        https://lmurailsplitters.com/news/20...-canceled.aspx

Told you someone would do it....haha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X