Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA--Week 12

The battle for spots 3 thru 8 and a position in the conference tourney really heats up this week. Monday's game with UCO at Rogers St is postponed due to inclement weather and there are two more games scheduled for Tuesday. The biggest four games pit Roger St (9-9) @ UCO (9-7) and Lincoln (10-8) @ FHSU ((9-9) on Thursday and then PItt State (10-9) @ MO Southern (11-8) and MO West (9-8) @ Emporia (8-9) on Sat. Hopefully after this week, we will be able to make some sense of who is going to make the tourney. The other big game is NWMS (17-1) @ Washburn (14-3). Even if Washburn can pull off the win, it will be really hard to catch NWMS. They have Emporia State on Thursday in Emporia and home games against FHSU and UNK the last week of the season. Those three teams are a combined 24-29 coming into this week. I just don't see NWMS losing another one but a win over Washburn after a likely win over Emporia State on Thursday would clinch the conference crown for the Bearcats. One more week after this week in the regular season. It has really gone fast.
    Last edited by Btech#3; 02-15-2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the crowd will be like. I think they are allowing 20% which means 800 or 900. The last game was the first game that we allowed fans and we had around 400 to 500. In a normal year, this game would draw a huge crowd. Glad you are coming down. I hope we can play with you. You guys have been hot. Our big guy is back but he looked pretty rusty at UCM and out of shape.
      Last edited by Btech#3; 02-17-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Not sure where else to put this so figured I would just post it in this thread. I heard that Hawkins has told the staff he is planning on returning next year. Since he is the only major contributor who is a senior, NW should be returning the same lineup next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
              Not sure where else to put this so figured I would just post it in this thread. I heard that Hawkins has told the staff he is planning on returning next year. Since he is the only major contributor who is a senior, NW should be returning the same lineup next year.

Comment

I'm not sure if the record book has been updated since the start of the season but he is listed 9th on the all time list about 1000 behind Pitts. If it hasn't been updated then he should be able to surpass Pitts but I wouldn't be surprised if Hudgins passes him the following season. Will be interesting to see how many school records are broken in the next couple years throughout the college ranks with the opportunity for an additional year of eligibility.

Comment

Comment

I have to tip my cap to the MIAA for being able to pull off as close to an entire season with few (if any) COVID-related cancellations that I can see...

I hope I didn't just jinx y'all, but kudos.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Comment

By the way, probably worth noting. Cam Martin is also the team leader in assists this year, around five per game.

Comment

What a game in Topeka today! I am exhausted and all I did was watch it on my computer. I don't recall any team leading by any more that 6, maybe 7points. It was a battle all the way. Both teams are to be congratulated. NW pulled out an 88-85 win in one overtime. The teams split on the season and I'm sure they will meet again. Both games were in OT with each team winning on the road. Congrats Bearcats on your 8th straight regular season title. What an accomplishment!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X