Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

In order to do that, they will have to get past Washburn in the semi's.
    Yes, provided they remain at the 3 seed. If they end up falling to 4 and have to play NW in the semis they might be in trouble. Their path is maybe a little tougher than I thought. In which case I think 4 NSIC teams is a realistic possibility, even though I think MoSo would be a more dangerous team to play than whoever the 4th NSIC team would be.

Comment

Comment

I think Missouri Southern belongs as the MIAA's third team. I agree with Wizard. A win against Washburn at home or in the semi's up in Maryville should get them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
          I think Missouri Southern belongs as the MIAA's third team.
          Currently, I agree. A lot of ball to be played between now and the end of the season though.

Comment

I will concede there is a path for MoSo to be the third MIAA team if they can get that win over the Bods, BUT they lost to Washburn by 41, FORTY ONE, earlier this season. Not exactly a confidence builder.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
              I will concede there is a path for MoSo to be the third MIAA team if they can get that win over the Bods, BUT they lost to Washburn by 41, FORTY ONE, earlier this season. Not exactly a confidence builder.
              Don't let that one game fool you, they are a quality team that can beat anyone.

Comment

Comment

I was at the first Washburn/MO Southern game. The Lions definitely were not at full strength. You guys started Collins and Taggart and Jenkins was just starting to find his groove. He came off the bench and had 12 and Christian Bundy only played 14 minutes. I think it was his first game back. We also did not see Selcuk at all that night. The big difference was Dessesow was out with an injury. He makes a huge difference. On the other side, Clausing and McKee for us did not play in that game so we weren't at full strength either. I think it was one of those games where we(WU) were hot. 18 for 35 from 3 and 38 for 64 overall for 59%. I expect a very tough game in Joplin in a game that I think the Lions would be favored in if Vegas was involved.

Comment

Plausible. I love a well thought out hypothetical.

/looks around, whispers quietly/

Unless someone besides Washburn or NWMo wins the MIAA Tourney I think the Regional will be 4 NSIC teams and 2 MIAA teams.
                    Who do you see as the 4 NSIC teams if it shakes out this way?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Who do you see as the 4 NSIC teams if it shakes out this way?

Comment

Comment

About the only way I see Missouri Southern not making it as 3rd team from MIAA (assuming NW or Washburn win tourney) is if they go 0-3 or 1-2 from here out. If they go .500 or better from this point (including conference tourney) they should be in.

Not sure how you differentiate between an MIAA team going 5 or 6 games over .500 and an NSIC team in the same situation and say you have enough data to support 4 from one conference only 2 from the others.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

About the only way I see Missouri Southern not making it as 3rd team from MIAA (assuming NW or Washburn win tourney) is if they go 0-3 or 1-2 from here out. If they go .500 or better from this point (including conference tourney) they should be in.

Not sure how you differentiate between an MIAA team going 5 or 6 games over .500 and an NSIC team in the same situation and say you have enough data to support 4 from one conference only 2 from the others.
                              Agreed

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X