Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

About the only way I see Missouri Southern not making it as 3rd team from MIAA (assuming NW or Washburn win tourney) is if they go 0-3 or 1-2 from here out. If they go .500 or better from this point (including conference tourney) they should be in.

Not sure how you differentiate between an MIAA team going 5 or 6 games over .500 and an NSIC team in the same situation and say you have enough data to support 4 from one conference only 2 from the others.
    They would still need some help if they just go .500, IMO. If they go 1-1 and end the regular season tied with some combination of Lincoln, FHSU or MWSU for third place, which is certainly possible*, one win in the tourney may not be enough, depending on what the other teams do.

* More than possible, really: MSSU losing to WU obviously would not be unexpected. Lincoln should be favored to win their two games (though both Newman and UCM gave them close games earlier in the year). I've given up predicting what MWSU will do for Lent, but no result from 0-2 to 2-0 would shock me. If FHSU manages to beat MW, they've got at least a puncher's chance at Northwest in a final game that won't mean as much to the Bearcats.

Like I said earlier, a lot of basketball to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

They would still need some help if they just go .500, IMO. If they go 1-1 and end the regular season tied with some combination of Lincoln, FHSU or MWSU for third place, which is certainly possible*, one win in the tourney may not be enough, depending on what the other teams do.

* More than possible, really: MSSU losing to WU obviously would not be unexpected. Lincoln should be favored to win their two games (though both Newman and UCM gave them close games earlier in the year). I've given up predicting what MWSU will do for Lent, but no result from 0-2 to 2-0 would shock me. If FHSU manages to beat MW, they've got at least a puncher's chance at Northwest in a final game that won't mean as much to the Bearcats.

Like I said earlier, a lot of basketball to be played.
      Good point but that said team (whichever one it may be) will be roughly 5-6 games over .500. I probably should have focused on that like I did in my second paragraph rather than a specific team.

Comment

You do realize UIU swept Mankato and Augie? I think if they win two which would mean knocking off Northern in second round they have a good shot at getting in! Augie needs to win it all with their overall record 11-7 won't do it. Mankato and UIU maybe with 2 wins, but I think any of the 3 need to win it all at this point (as pointed out though UIU with 2 wins and a loss would mean knocking one of the top teams in nation which should count for something)

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Good point but that said team (whichever one it may be) will be roughly 5-6 games over .500. I probably should have focused on that like I did in my second paragraph rather than a specific team.
          Yep. I was just starting to feel a little Denny Green about all the MoSo talk. Ya wanna crown 'em? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

You do realize UIU swept Mankato and Augie? I think if they win two which would mean knocking off Northern in second round they have a good shot at getting in! Augie needs to win it all with their overall record 11-7 won't do it. Mankato and UIU maybe with 2 wins, but I think any of the 3 need to win it all at this point (as pointed out though UIU with 2 wins and a loss would mean knocking one of the top teams in nation which should count for something)
            You do realize he was talking of those as 4th

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Who do you see as the 4 NSIC teams if it shakes out this way?
              I believe any of the 5 NSIC teams (vs 3 MIAA teams) "under consideration" in last week's release still have a chance at making it.

Assuming MoSo doesn't best Washburn or NWMo over the next two weeks.......

If the NSIC semifinals are chalk; Northern, Moorhead, UIU, and Wayne who doesn't make the Regional? If Augie beats Northern but loses to UIU I think it's still the top 4 NSIC seeds in the Regional. If Augie beats Northern AND UIU, now we've got a real conundrum, but I believe the loser of Wayne/Moorhead will be done.

That's where I'm at.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I believe any of the 5 NSIC teams (vs 3 MIAA teams) "under consideration" in last week's release still have a chance at making it.

Assuming MoSo doesn't best Washburn or NWMo over the next two weeks.......

If the NSIC semifinals are chalk; Northern, Moorhead, UIU, and Wayne who doesn't make the Regional? If Augie beats Northern but loses to UIU I think it's still the top 4 NSIC seeds in the Regional. If Augie beats Northern AND UIU, now we've got a real conundrum, but I believe the loser of Wayne/Moorhead will be done.

That's where I'm at.
                You know this is getting serious when Augieholic start using words like conundrum. Watchout Northern.

Comment

Comment

Week 2, and yes, Mankato is positioned for their automatic bid. :)
                    Central (Under consideration)
                    MSU Moorhead 9-3 9-3
                    Minnesota State 10-6 10-6
                    Missouri Southern State 12-8 12-8
                    Nothern State 15-1 15-1
                    Northwest Missouri State 19-1 19-1
                    Upper Iowa 10-6 10-6
                    Washburn 14-5 14-5
                    Wayne State (Nebraska) 10-6 10-6

Comment

I find it laughable that Mankato gets more credit for sweeping one of the worst teams in the Region than Augie gets for splitting with one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                        I find it laughable that Mankato gets more credit for sweeping one of the worst teams in the Region than Augie gets for splitting with one of the best.
                        Say it louder for everyone in the back!!!

Comment

No wonder the Twitters think simple is an Augie fan.

Comment

What on earth does Margs have on the committee members?!

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

What on earth does Margs have on the committee members?!

Comment

As you know...anything possible in a one game series. Proven year after year when March madness comes around. I expect a tough game between MSU and Msum. Not sure I would be shocked by any of the 8 teams winning or losing in round 1.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X