Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMSU has roared back to cut the USF lead to 1... Under 2mins to play.
    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
    2016 NSIC Champions
    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Pal hits 2 FTs to stretch the USF lead to 64-61 after snagging a massive rebound on the other end when a Mustang putback wouldn't fall.

5 seconds to play
      2016 NSIC Champions
      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Unbelievable... SMSU ties it up with a bucket at the buzzer. Meltdown in Marshall for the Coo so far this second half.

OT 64-64.
        2016 NSIC Champions
        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

The painful existence of a USF basketball fan... They haven't scored in OT yet... 70-64 SMSU
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Wayne does their part at the Pentagon.

USF finally gets on the scoreboard and gets a big stop.

70-68 SMSU, 1:45 to play, Cougars to the line.
            2016 NSIC Champions
            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

76-69 SMSU. 30 seconds to play.

Barf.
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

This feels extremely scummy but what the hell, GO STANGS!!

Comment

Wildcats win the South! Kaminsky for NSIC coach of the year.

Comment

That will be the final... USF blows a double digit lead and a 3 point lead with 5 seconds to play in regulation. Lose 76-69 in OT. Season over. Wayne did their part, thanks Wildcats, but couldn't count on USF themselves to seal the deal..

This team gets my hopes up just enough every time, then find a way to squander it.
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                      That will be the final... USF blows a double digit lead and a 3 point lead with 5 seconds to play in regulation. Lose 76-69 in OT. Season over. Wayne did their part, thanks Wildcats, but couldn't count on USF themselves to seal the deal..

This team gets my hopes up just enough every time, then find a way to squander it.
                      Wasn't watching was it a crazy 3 SMSU hit to tie it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        This feels extremely scummy but what the hell, GO STANGS!!
                        Is ok I was a Viking fan for a bit today....

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

Wasn't watching was it a crazy 3 SMSU hit to tie it up?
                          I had the sound off while attempting to file my taxes but what I saw was SMSU got to the line with at around 5 seconds after USF intentionally fouled. Hit the first one to make it 64-62. Then missed the second but a foul or out of bounds was called on USF (not sure if USF was in the bonus or what, I think it was just that a loose ball went out of bounds) that gave the Mustangs the ball under the hoop with 1.2 seconds to play (after a review to get it right). They inbounded and hit sunk the shot as time expired to tie it up.

I feel better about my taxes of all things after watching that ending.
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

I had the sound off while attempting to file my taxes but what I saw was SMSU got to the line with at around 5 seconds after USF intentionally fouled. Hit the first one to make it 64-62. Then missed the second but a foul or out of bounds was called on USF (not sure if USF was in the bonus or what, I think it was just that a loose ball went out of bounds) that gave the Mustangs the ball under the hoop with 1.2 seconds to play (after a review to get it right). They inbounded and hit sunk the shot as time expired to tie it up.

I feel better about my taxes of all things after watching that ending.
                            Ouch - that is a tough way to get into OT and lose.

Comment

Here's the game-tying shot that sent it into OT:

Comment

It's not often you somehow manage to feel happiness after a loss, but SMSU pulling that out was somewhat miraculous.

In terms of the Augie game, we looked exhausted from about 90 seconds into the first half and never recovered. The Wildcats play their butts off and, to the point Augieholic made yesterday, definitely approach defense with a "they can't call every foul" attitude, and the Vikings adjusted to that reallllly poorly in this second game. Also made a ton of mental errors (again, I'd imagine due to tiredness) like not catching passes, throwing it into defenders' hands, etc.

It seemed pretty obvious we weren't going to get the win today as the 2nd half went on, so watching SMSU mount a comeback and score that layup to send it into OT was almost a too-good-to-be-true moment as an Augie fan. Crushing way to go out for USF.

Wayne is a good team, and while I would've rather seen Augie win the South Division, obviously, there aren't many teams after us I don't dislike, Wayne being one of the few I'm ok with. I like Kaminsky and he's clearly doing a strong job of turning the Wildcats around. As much as I've lamented the loss of Plitzuweit (who by the way, had 37 last night again for the Coyotes and is 1 point per game away from being their leading scorer), the Wildcat faithful have refrained from complaining about losing Ferrarini to Nebraska-Omaha this offseason. I'm guessing they'd be an even tougher matchup this year if they still had him as well.

Looking forward to playing Northern. This may not be the year for us to regain our position over them with the way they're playing and how out of sync we've looked at times, but maybe the Vikes will have something left in the tank to pull off the win. Would be huge for us to win a couple and maybe still sneak into the Regional, even if we don't win the whole conference tournament. Maybe that's not possible with today's loss to Wayne, but a bunch of other teams in the rankings with us lost one too, so maybe it's not too unrealistic.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X