Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA--Week 13--Final Week of the Regular Season

MIAA--Week 13--Final Week of the Regular Season--Who knows what is going to happen so let's start with what is certain. NWMS finishes #1 and will be the #1 seed. Washburn has a 3 game lead with 3 to go and only needs one more win to be the #2 seed(almost certain). UNK(8-12), UCM(6-14), NSU(4-15) & Newman(3-17) will not be in the conference tourney. That leaves 8 teams vying for the final 6 spots. Who has the best chance to get in: 1)MO Southern has two home games left with Washburn and UCO. One win will get them in for sure and are most likely to be the #3 seed. They will end up 14-8 or 13-9 Lincoln has the next best chance to get in. They have two hone games left with Newman and UCM and should end up 13-9. After that it is a log jam. FHSU, MO West and Pitt State are the next three that have the best shot of being #5, #6 & #7. FHSU plays MO West in a huge game in St. Joe and Pitt St plays ESU at home in a huge game. #8 is going to come down to Rogers St, Emporia State and UCO. I think Roger St.has the best shot. They have a home game against UCO and they are @NSU. The Roger St. game with UCO is huge. My predicted order of finish: 1)NWMS, 2)WU, 3)MSSU, 4)Lincoln, 5,6,7)FHSU, Pitt St & Mo West, 8)Rogers St. I have no idea who has the tiebreakers with Hays, Pitt and MWSU. If there are upsets then this can change drastically. I think MSSU and Lincoln have the best chance to get to 13-9 with MSSU prolly getting to 14-8. After that there are 6 teams that could end up in the 10-10 to 11-9 to 12-10 range. Should be a great finish. I am sure this is as clear as mud.

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
    I have no idea who has the tiebreakers with Hays, Pitt and MWSU.
    If those three teams tie, Pitt is at 2-1 in the H2H (win over FHSU, split with Western). Hays is 0-2 and will be low-man regardless. MW is currently 2-1. If they beat Hays, they would be 3-1 and I assume would be the highest seed (although I'm not 100% sure how H2H among multiple teams works when not everybody has played the same number of games against the others). If Hays wins then I think it would be Pitt, MW, and FHSU.

Griffons still have a realistic chance to host a first-round game. The season sweep of WU would give them the tiebreaker advantage over teams like Missouri Southern and Lincoln that they split two games with.

Comment

Not sure it matters much this year, but Missouri Western plays at Fort Hays.

Comment

Thepeman--I missed that. You kick us in Topeka and then you find another mistake. That's a lot in 3 days. :) I think it matters. Playing at Hays is very difficult and they are playing really well right now.

Comment

On Wednesday of the final week, with teams having 1 to 3 games left, only two teams have clinched their spot in the tournament, at least according to the MIAA website. I don't remember the standings being that muddled before.

Comment

Comment

48-20 @ 1/2 despite liberal substitution by Ben

Comment

NW wins 95-59 and played great overall. Shot 68% overall and UNK didn't get to double digit points until 12-13 minutes into the game. It was essentially over in the first 8 minutes or so.

I hope they're hitting their stride. A solid, convincing win over Hays (7-2 in last 9 games) tomorrow would show they are peaking at the right time.

Comment

Congrats to Ben & the Boys for their 8th straight MIAA regular season title. What an amazing feat. NW is now tied with UCM with 20 total titles

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    Congrats to Ben & the Boys for their 8th straight MIAA regular season title. What an amazing feat. NW is now tied with UCM with 20 total titles
                    There's 2 teams headed in opposite directions. Northwest 8 straight titles, CentralMO is 19-41 in the MIAA in the last 3 seasons.
                    Last edited by Randy; 02-28-2021, 11:14 AM. Reason: Changed the 18 to 19, the Mules beat Lincoln.

Comment

BIG game for FHSU today...unfortunately a tall order. FHSU needs to win to be in, if it is an L then they need some serious help.
                      Positives: in January the game was tied with about 5 mins left, some players are back from injuries that did not play that game including last years PG, I believe this team is a lot better than they were even a month ago, figuring out who they are after spending most of the season learning as we are so young.
                      Negatives: Its NW, @NW, and NW always seems to peaking and clicking at the end of the season. Did we already give NW our best shot this year???

I am hopeful that we can make it into the tournament one way or another, it would be so good for this team to be able to play in the tournament even if it is just a rematch of today on Wednesday, a stepping stone for next year. A very young team that has developed over the course of the year. One of the youngest teams in the MIAA and maybe D2. Average loss is by like 6 points this year, unfortunately just more losses than we would like. Starting: 1 true freshman, 1 redshift freshmen, 1 sophomore who didn't play any important minutes, 1 senior who played sporadically. Bench is full of new comers and redshirts. I am hopeful for today and excited for the next few years.

Comment

NW men by 25 over FH

Comment

What a wild last week of the season. There were upsets all over the place. UCO upsetting MO Southern and setting up a rematch on Wed night was huge. That game elevated MO West to the #3 seed. Rogers St. Losing at NSU dropped them all the way to #7 and UCM upsetting Lincoln dropped them to the #6 seed. Should be an outstanding tourney. I think all 4 games should be very competitive. I was impressed with Emporia State today. They pushed Washburn right to the end and they played NWMS very tough last week. Looking forward to tourney week. Wish it was in KC.

Comment

Comment

3.5 steals per game for TC, and an A/TO of 3.5.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X