Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Ben Johnson obviously felt good enough about him to give him one of their 13 scholarships for two years. Should be interesting to see if his coaching/talent evaluating instincts are right.
      Parker also had interest from a variety of other D1 programs including at least one other Big Ten school (Ohio State if I remember correctly). I feel like he is a role player at the Big Ten level, but every team needs high-energy players who can play some defense. Seems to me that's exactly what these programs were seeing.

Comment

• I don't think Duke wants any part of this Bearcats team. Will Duke play NW or will Duke try and weasel out? I hope the game happens because I think NW will beat Duke. Mac's teams are among best drilled that I've ever seen.

Comment

• Kaden Evans announces he'll transfer to Emporia State (from SMSU). He's a KC native.

Comment

• I saw on another thread that MSUM and WSC in the NSIC are the only two schools without a player in the transfer portal. It is ironic that NWMS and Washburn are the only two in the MIAA that don't have a player in the transfer portal. I am not sure what that says. Winning obviously keeps players but Northern State has won about as much as anybody and they had quite a few enter the portal. I think some of it is coaching tenure along with winning but some of it is luck. I feel fortunate that we had no one enter the portal (yet). I think it would be really hard to build a roster with this much movement year in and year out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
              I saw on another thread that MSUM and WSC in the NSIC are the only two schools without a player in the transfer portal. It is ironic that NWMS and Washburn are the only two in the MIAA that don't have a player in the transfer portal. I am not sure what that says. Winning obviously keeps players but Northern State has won about as much as anybody and they had quite a few enter the portal. I think some of it is coaching tenure along with winning but some of it is luck. I feel fortunate that we had no one enter the portal (yet). I think it would be really hard to build a roster with this much movement year in and year out.
              Combination of many things, including some winning, limited coaching turnover (including assistant coaches) and quality player leadership (typically from upperclassman).

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                I saw on another thread that MSUM and WSC in the NSIC are the only two schools without a player in the transfer portal. It is ironic that NWMS and Washburn are the only two in the MIAA that don't have a player in the transfer portal. I am not sure what that says. Winning obviously keeps players but Northern State has won about as much as anybody and they had quite a few enter the portal. I think some of it is coaching tenure along with winning but some of it is luck. I feel fortunate that we had no one enter the portal (yet). I think it would be really hard to build a roster with this much movement year in and year out.
                Three graduated and had an opportunity to achieve a dream of playing D1 mixed with wanting to be closer to home.

I see people saying "issue" or "problem" and to each their own but it makes me scratch my head. I'd love for everyone to stay for all four years but it's their life and they can do what they'd like with it. It's OK to not like something but still understand it. It doesn't really bother me, but if it truly does become a yearly thing I'll eventually just lose most of my interest similar to what happened with one and done in D1.

Comment

• Max Nielsen is the newest Northern player in the transfer portal.

Comment

• Matt Todd to Central Missouri

Comment

• Originally posted by Husky View Post
                      Matt Todd to Central Missouri

Poor Matt, that's a wasted move.

Comment

A match made in transfer portal heaven

Comment

I assumed he was at St. Cloud, but not so. Where did he play this past season?

Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 04-26-2021, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

I assumed he was at St. Cloud, but not so. Where did he play this past season?

Augie

Comment

• UMC freshman and leading scorer Josh Dilling transferred to Queens (NC).

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

A match made in transfer portal heaven

His stats are pretty decent and he started every game as a sophomore and about 70% as a junior. So Augie, what's the story on why he's transferring? Maybe fewer projected starts next season or something else?

Plenty of playing time available at UCM as lots of players are jumping off the Coach K ship.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X