Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like there is another all American in the portal...

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post
      Sounds like there is another all American in the portal...
      Down to just one MIAA team with no one in the transfer portal.

Comment

• I think Ryan Hawkins is going to be able to transfer to a High Major/Power 5 much like Cam Martin. He is versatile. He can play on the perimeter and he is athletic enough to switch out on guards and still able to stay in front of them. I would think he will coveted by many programs. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post
          Sounds like there is another all American in the portal...
          Hopefully, it doesn't open the floodgates. That changes the dynamic of this team quite a little bit... that's a lot of rebounds and interior defense to replace, not to mention his ability to score. At the same time, if it wasn't a "covid" year, we would've been trying to figure that out next year anyway. I'm sure Duke is breathing a little easier. ;)

He's been nothing short of great during his time in Maryville... wish him the best and excited to see where he lands and what kind of success he has.
          Last edited by Alfred33; 04-26-2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Very excited for Hawk. The man has given everything to NW for 5 years. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to give the next level a shot. And, who knows, maybe the right offer won't come in and he will be back. Either way, Hawk will go down as one of the greatest to ever wear the green paw! #OABAAB.

Comment

• I agree. Tremendous player. I thought Joey Witthus was about as good of an inside/outside guy that I had seen at the D-2 level but I am not sure that Hawkins isn't even better. They are different but two of most dominant, versatile and team first guys that I have seen in recent memory. I too wish him the best. He still may be back but the rest of the conference won't miss going up against him.

Comment

• I think he is just deferring to Pitts so he won't break his scoring record with the extra year :)

Remember, the only reason he came to NW was because of a coaching change at Wayne St. He originally committed there and then committed to NW after the coaching change at Wayne. It turned out pretty well for NW and for Hawkins.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Let's keep in mind, as Augieholic or somebody noted a few weeks ago, the transfer portal works both ways. While the teams with no players in the portal may be excited that they aren't losing anybody, teams like Augie, Northern, and yes (though it pains me to admit it), NWMSU could just as easily pick up the piece or two that they need to either get back to the top or stay on top, even if they are losing a key player or two. Now, am I saying Hawkins is easily replaceable? Of course not, so please don't overreact NWMSU fans. But my point is that, just because some teams have every player coming back, it doesn't automatically translate to a conference championship.

That being said, I would love to see/hear/read about Augie picking up somebody in the portal this offseason, particularly to help fill our gaping hole at PG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

His stats are pretty decent and he started every game as a sophomore and about 70% as a junior. So Augie, what's the story on why he's transferring? Maybe fewer projected starts next season or something else?

Plenty of playing time available at UCM as lots of players are jumping off the Coach K ship.
                        He was one of the worst defensive players getting regular playing time in the NSIC the past two seasons. Offensively he can do it all but he settles for a a fair amount of contested mid range shots if he can't get to the hoop. He's not a bad player but after a while he can became an obvious scape goat.

Comment

• Rumor has Hawk as a BlueJay this fall

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                            Let's keep in mind, as Augieholic or somebody noted a few weeks ago, the transfer portal works both ways. While the teams with no players in the portal may be excited that they aren't losing anybody, teams like Augie, Northern, and yes (though it pains me to admit it), NWMSU could just as easily pick up the piece or two that they need to either get back to the top or stay on top, even if they are losing a key player or two. Now, am I saying Hawkins is easily replaceable? Of course not, so please don't overreact NWMSU fans. But my point is that, just because some teams have every player coming back, it doesn't automatically translate to a conference championship.

That being said, I would love to see/hear/read about Augie picking up somebody in the portal this offseason, particularly to help fill our gaping hole at PG.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                              Rumor has Hawk as a BlueJay this fall

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X