Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudgins vs. Geiman--Player of the Year in the Conference

Obviously, I am biased but to pick Hudgins over Geiman this year for Player of the Year in the MIAA was just plain wrong, If we are going to give it to the Champion of the League's best player then just say that but Geiman was the obvious pick for Player of the Year. Here are the statistics between the two. The statistics that Geiman led Hudgins in are in all of the major categories. The defense that was thrown at Geiman this year was insane. Hudgins has Hawkins and Bernard to take the pressure off. No one meant more to their team than Geiman did to Washburn. That should be the player of the year. Again, my hats off to Hudgins. He is a phenomenal player and winning the league should count for something but also leading Washburn to a 16-6 record when they had all the injuries to Clausing and McKee should count for something as well. Big miss by the league and or the coaches in my opinion.

PPG: Geiman-21.0* Hudgins-19.2
    RPG: Geiman-6.5* Hudgins-2.8
    APG: Geiman-6.2* Hudgins-5.0
    SPG: Geiman-1.6* Hudgins-1.3
    FG% Geiman-52.9 Hudgins-53.9*
    3pt% Geiman-35.8 Hudgins-52.8*
    3pt/g Geiman-2.2 Hudgins-3*
    FT% Geiman-71% Hudgins-88%*
    Ass/Turn Geiman-2.7* Hudgins-2.3
    All Def team--Geiman-yes* Hudgins--no

*leader in the category head to head.

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
    Obviously, I am biased but to pick Hudgins over Geiman this year for Player of the Year in the MIAA was just plain wrong, If we are going to give it to the Champion of the League's best player then just say that but Geiman was the obvious pick for Player of the Year. Here are the statistics between the two. The statistics that Geiman led Hudgins in are in all of the major categories. The defense that was thrown at Geiman this year was insane. Hudgins has Hawkins and Bernard to take the pressure off. No one meant more to their team than Geiman did to Washburn. That should be the player of the year. Again, my hats off to Hudgins. He is a phenomenal player and winning the league should count for something but also leading Washburn to a 16-6 record when they had all the injuries to Clausing and McKee should count for something as well. Big miss by the league and or the coaches in my opinion.

I won't debate who should or shouldn't be the winner, everyone will have their thoughts. Just speaking to the thought process- yes Hudgins has Hawk and Bernard which helps take the pressure off. At the same time, that also lessens his ability to bulk up some of the counting stats like PPG or RPG. NW has had a number of players over the last few years who may not have lead the league in scoring because of the offensive system or sharing the workload but it doesn't mean they lack the ability to score more than they do (Hudgins, Hawkins, Witthus, Pitts). I'm sure there are other teams who can say the same.

I would not have been upset if Geiman won. I think either would be deserving

Comment

You make some great points. I don't disagree with any of your thoughts. I guess if you wanted to purely look at stats then Cam Martin might have the best case. He had a monster year. Over 24 a game and over 9 rebounds a game and almost 50 three pointers.

Comment

Player who most makes me think we will probably lose to you tonight:

Trevor Hudgins

Comment

Evidently, he wasn't the obvious pick!

Comment

It was obviously obvious. :)

Comment

This is something a little different with the first team selections. Jared Vitztum of FHSU against NW in two games had 5 pts in the first game and 7 rbs. 2nd game had 9 pts and 8 rbs. Would be hard to justfiy NW voting for him, but he is an outstanding player and we put Dreamer on him in both games. My point is stats don't always tell the story.

Comment

It has happened that POTY hasn't come from the championship team, but it's been a few years and usually requires something extraordinary. Same for COTY.

Comment

Trev showed up big time tonight 31 pts in 29 minutes...2/2 from the line-4/5 from the field & 7/10 from 3 pt range
                  Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-03-2021, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I agree but some of the stats that Geiman put up are team stuff and not just scoring. His rebounding is incredible and his playmaking is the best in the conference and to still average 21ppg is pretty impressive. I think Hudgins is very deserving and is an incredible player. We may just have to agree to disagree. Both are very good but the rebounding and the passing and the defense I think put Geiman a leg up. I hope we get to play you guys again on Sat. It seems like the Bearcats are playing very well right now. If we can get by MO West it will be a tall task but I would like to see them go at it again after the first two match-ups.

Comment

Btech, have you heard any noise...any chance Geiman sticks around for another year? I enjoy watching him play, but as a fan of a different team, I'll also enjoy him riding off into the sunset. lol

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                        It has happened that POTY hasn't come from the championship team, but it's been a few years and usually requires something extraordinary. Same for COTY.
                        Unless you're a certain women's coach at Western. ;)
                        Last edited by Randy; 03-04-2021, 12:04 PM. Reason: at Western not as Western

Comment

Geiman did not go thru Senior night so the word on the street is that he will be back and will enroll in Graduate school at Washburn.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Unless you're a certain women's coach as Western. ;)
                            He won the championship and couldn't even crack the top 2!

Comment

Geiman did not go thru Senior night so the word on the street is that he will be back and will enroll in Graduate school at Washburn.
                              Dammit! ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X