Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA vs NSIC Regional Question

Which is better: 1 week layoff between Conference Tourney and Regional or 2 week layoff? 2 weeks gives you time to get healthy and rested but do you also get rusty?
    If everyone is healthy is a week about right?

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Which is better: 1 week layoff between Conference Tourney and Regional or 2 week layoff? 2 weeks gives you time to get healthy and rested but do you also get rusty?
    If everyone is healthy is a week about right?
    I really don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this. Sorry for the boring answer

Comment

Look at the Super Bowl two week gap. Most of the time, one or even both teams seem to be sluggish. Or maybe one is just that much better and it only seems so. I'd rather stay on the same schedule.

Comment

I believe the NSIC couldn't get the full regular season schedule in and there were some missed games for teams this year. Seems like this would have been a good time for them to push back the tournament and use the extra weekend to make up some games. I know they probably wouldn't be able to use the Pentagon if they did that but with limited attendance I doubt it would matter where it was held anyway. Only hold up would be a contractual agreement but again, with limited attendance I'm not sure how much the Pentagon was making from hosting the tournament. They could have hosted at on-campus sites if needed to get that extra weekend of games.

Comment

Purely speculation, but I'm guessing the TV exposure provided by Midco is more the reason for the tourney being a week earlier than venue issues. In a normal year the Summit League is played at the Premier Center and NSIC is at the Pentagon. But Midco covers both tourneys (at least until ESPN gets the championship game of the Summit) so they air the NSIC then the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
            Purely speculation, but I'm guessing the TV exposure provided by Midco is more the reason for the tourney being a week earlier than venue issues. In a normal year the Summit League is played at the Premier Center and NSIC is at the Pentagon. But Midco covers both tourneys (at least until ESPN gets the championship game of the Summit) so they air the NSIC then the Summit.
            That makes sense. Even more so this season so fans could watch the games since they couldn't attend in person.

Comment

I don't think it makes much difference. We're all creatures of habit, but in both cases you're waiting longer than you're used to, so it's kind of a wash. I don't think history has shown that it's an advantage either way.

Comment

History shows that the better team usually wins a 7-game series...March madness has shown anything possible in a one game series.

Comment

I think it might have an impact, but only a slight one either way. Sometimes teams are a bit slow after a longer break while others are fully charged after a good break. It happens with bowl games during football season, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X