Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good info on Aberdeen from locals

NM
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-09-2021, 03:53 PM.

Think we are going to help you now after your recent complaints about our fine university...forget it buddy! Haha

Comment

Take plenty of cash or a checkbook.

Comment

NM-misunderstood
        Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-09-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
          Take plenty of cash or a checkbook.
          you win the inter web today

Comment

Comment

Excuse the head of the welcoming committee, NSU4LIFE gets a little cranky sometimes if he hasn't had a Snickers in a while. There are some great places to eat in town and most of the locals will make you feel very welcome in Aberdeen. For breakfast I would try Sammy's, however it's not open on Sunday or Monday so you will need to stop on Saturday morning or Tuesday if your still in town. It's not fancy but it's a good place to get some eggs. The Airport Cafe is also a good breakfast joint. The Millstone will get you started in the morning too and they have fantastic caramel rolls.

If you're looking for a dive bar, I highly recommend the Circus. If you like traditional buffalo wings and cold beer this is your stop. The bigger chain wing joints have more options and better TVs, but the Circus sells their own wing sauce for a reason. My favorite is "Double Dipped" in buffalo and BBQ sauce.

Pounders is a good sports bar and its hard to go wrong with anything on their menu (but I'd probably stay away from the "flatbread pizzas", just haven't been my favorite). They have the best Bloody Mary's in town and you can even hit up the Bloody Mary bar on Sunday. Lager's is the local sports bar. Good bar food and good drinks. Come on by and try some chislic.

Your also in luck as Twist Cone opens up for the year tomorrow. It's an Aberdeen holiday when they open up for the season, and it doesn't matter if there is sunshine or a snowstorm. It's a great place to stop for some soft serve ice cream.

As for "don't miss activities", well there's a reason NSU basketball leads the nation in attendance every year. There's not a ton to do yet this time of year so pull up a chair and have another beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                Excuse the head of the welcoming committee, NSU4LIFE gets a little cranky sometimes if he hasn't had a Snickers in a while. There are some great places to eat in town and most of the locals will make you feel very welcome in Aberdeen. For breakfast I would try Sammy's, however it's not open on Sunday or Monday so you will need to stop on Saturday morning or Tuesday if your still in town. It's not fancy but it's a good place to get some eggs. The Airport Cafe is also a good breakfast joint. The Millstone will get you started in the morning too and they have fantastic caramel rolls.

If you're looking for a dive bar, I highly recommend the Circus. If you like traditional buffalo wings and cold beer this is your stop. The bigger chain wing joints have more options and better TVs, but the Circus sells their own wing sauce for a reason. My favorite is "Double Dipped" in buffalo and BBQ sauce.

Pounders is a good sports bar and its hard to go wrong with anything on their menu (but I'd probably stay away from the "flatbread pizzas", just haven't been my favorite). They have the best Bloody Mary's in town and you can even hit up the Bloody Mary bar on Sunday. Lager's is the local sports bar. Good bar food and good drinks. Come on by and try some chislic.

Your also in luck as Twist Cone opens up for the year tomorrow. It's an Aberdeen holiday when they open up for the season, and it doesn't matter if there is sunshine or a snowstorm. It's a great place to stop for some soft serve ice cream.

As for "don't miss activities", well there's a reason NSU basketball leads the nation in attendance every year. There's not a ton to do yet this time of year so pull up a chair and have another beer!

Comment

Cranky? I mean....I added a "haha" what more do you want.

Things I would add, Slackers also has a regular Nintendo which is an added bonus to craft beer if into that.

Lagers and circus will be the place to go at night as you'll likely meet plenty of Wolves fans out who will be more welcoming than you'd expect. If we can have fun in tailgate with Augie fans, I think you'll be ok..

Thattza Pizza is a must stop for us every time we do get back..

Rounders has chislic and if you haven't had that South Dakota delicacy before, you are in for a treat.

I'm not a fan of sushi but I've heard the mall has a place now.

I'd assume the movie theater is open..

There is a new place called Allevity (or something close) which has food, games and are throwing. I haven't been there but heard it is fun.

If you are a museum goer, you could walk around down town (a couple breweries,/most of the bars down there and little shops) and hit up the museum. If you like history in general you'll enjoy it. My favorite is the history of the switchboard which was attributed to a one armed man who invented it, raised power lines himself and eventually after his passing it was sold off to Bell.

Bowling alley on north side of down.

Not sure if any plays going on currently but you can check with the chamber I'm sure..

Enjoy the trip. The four lane highway is much different then the last forty miles I had coming into Maryville and you won't have to fear for your life, haha.

As soon as they said 25% capacity I gave up on the idea of driving back for the game so enjoy the experience and have a Wolf Dog for me.

Comment

Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-09-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Comment

Not to spoil the visit but here is the story..

https://www.sdpb.org/blogs/images-of...phone-company/

Another idea was going to be the Aberdeen Wings (an NAHL team that is currently 31-1) but unfortunately they are out of town. I was never a hockey fan but their games were fun to go to.

For the Kuchen I don't know who serves it. No Cherman blood in my ancestry but plenty of locals that do.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Any good bookstores in town?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X