X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Ben should move up.

Comment

I said the same thing about an OKG like Sather and after a few years my guess on him was wrong. Just enjoy what you got while you got it, as anything in life it can vanish seemingly instanly

Comment

Kim Anderson left MIAA UCM for B12 MU only to bomb and end up back in the MIAA at PSU. I think that may have some affect on how D1 schools look at D2 coaches and how D2 coaches look at D1 spots

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
            Ben should move up.
            Out to pasture?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                Kim Anderson left MIAA UCM for B12 MU only to bomb and end up back in the MIAA at PSU. I think that may have some affect on how D1 schools look at D2 coaches and how D2 coaches look at D1 spots

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

Comment

When Anderson was hired, the question was raised when the last time a "Power 5" conference school had hired a current D2 coach. People mentioned some names but all of those names had a lower level D1 stop in between or a D1 assistant coaching job in between. Anderson was fluke at the time and I don't see it happening again anytime in the near future.

Comment

I agree.... I would be a pretty special circumstance for a Power 5 to jump in and grab a D2. Anderson was obviously hired due to his connections with Mizzou, having played there and been an assistant for Norm. He was in the running when Haith got the job, at least on the surface. There were a lot of people there that were disappointed when he didn't get it, and felt he deserved his shot this time around. As a Mizzou fan, I wish it would have gone better for him.

I just don't think that situation would keep a lower D1 or a mid major from exploring hiring a D2 coach, and it would depend on the goals/dreams of said D2 coach on how they would look at the opportunity. If you're confident in what you're doing, that 2-3 times salary bump would look pretty good... I don't think you care what Kim Anderson did. The Missouri State basketball coach's salary is around $400,000... not that they're looking, but that's a pretty good chunk of change in Springfield. I have no idea what Ben's aspirations are... I'd love for it to be continuing to coach and raise his boys in Maryville, but I'd be surprised if it ends there.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Huh?
                        He's joking about the regional basketball committee that determined that NSU should be the #1 seed over NW. Based on last night's results only, it's pretty clear who the #1 seed should have been but last nights results won't matter tomorrow. As soon as NW lost in the conference tourney, I knew NSU was going to be #1 seed regardless of how NW lost. With the predetermined hosting site, the committee was going to use any justification they could to make the host site the #1 seed.

Either way, we have the #1 v. #2 tomorrow. Look forward to seeing a good game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

There are a lot of D1 programs looking for a new coach. Ben should go visit them.
                            Well, he'll have to get in line behind Saul.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

He's joking about the regional basketball committee that determined that NSU should be the #1 seed over NW. Based on last night's results only, it's pretty clear who the #1 seed should have been but last nights results won't matter tomorrow. As soon as NW lost in the conference tourney, I knew NSU was going to be #1 seed regardless of how NW lost. With the predetermined hosting site, the committee was going to use any justification they could to make the host site the #1 seed.

Either way, we have the #1 v. #2 tomorrow. Look forward to seeing a good game.
                              I still think that as of the results of the season through Selection Sunday the seedings are correct. However, even before the tournament started if you had asked me I would have said NW was the favorite. The Massey Ratings website says NW is a 5 point favorite on Tuesday night and that feel about right to me. Interestingly enough NW and NSU are #1 and #2 in the country per Massey. I think it will be a very competitive and well played game that I'm very much looking forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I still think that as of the results of the season through Selection Sunday the seedings are correct. However, even before the tournament started if you had asked me I would have said NW was the favorite. The Massey Ratings website says NW is a 5 point favorite on Tuesday night and that feel about right to me. Interestingly enough NW and NSU are #1 and #2 in the country per Massey. I think it will be a very competitive and well played game that I'm very much looking forward to.
                                Maybe but very rarely have conference tourneys had a huge impact on seedings for the Regional unless it was a huge upset. Lose on a halfcourt shot in the conference finals and the #1 team becomes a 2 seed in a Regional? Not likely in most years.

NW played more games than NSU and had 1 more loss- a 2 point loss in OT and the aforementioned buzzer beater. A win is a win but NSU's first round conference win made them look more suspect than NW's conference final loss in my eyes. That's what happens when a committee only looks at the numbers and not how the numbers came to be. I have little doubt that the predetermined host site played a role in making NSU the #1 seed if given any opportunity.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X