Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks...haha. Imagine that, my initial response was emotional.

I said Northern was better than other MIAA jobs or I did I say UND was better than some MIAA jobs? That I can believe. I'm quite positive the main point was Sather was a Northern guy which is a lot of why I didn't see it and then I think we got into the +/- of the jobs where I'm sure I said Northern had better support, higher attendance and (I think) how hard it would be to make UND into a D1 contender.

Again, kind of surprised I did indeed say ZERO...but not surprised I walked it back immediately.

Here we are beating the dead horse however. Way to go GriffFan, You'd fit right in with the rest of my buddies. Haha
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-17-2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Thanks...haha. Imagine that, my initial response was emotional.

I said Northern was better than other MIAA jobs or I did I say UND was better than some MIAA jobs? That I can believe. I'm quite positive the main point was Sather was a Northern guy which is a lot of why I didn't see it and then I think we got into the +/- of the jobs where I'm sure I said Northern had better support, higher attendance and (I think) how hard it would be to make UND into a D1 contender.

Again, kind of surprised I did indeed say ZERO...but not surprised I walked it back immediately.

Here we are beating the dead horse however. Way to go GriffFan, You'd fit right in with the rest of my buddies. Haha
      Ha this is the kind of crap I do to avoid thinking about real work. McCollum and Boschee were floated as possible ND coaches, and you said their current jobs were better than ND. Which in a lot of ways they are, as was the NSU job, honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
        Ha this is the kind of crap I do to avoid thinking about real work. McCollum and Boschee were floated as possible ND coaches, and you said their current jobs were better than ND. Which in a lot of ways they are, as was the NSU job, honestly.
        OK, yeah I remember that for sure, especially with Boschee from there.

Comment

• Comment

• After watching the post game last night, I will tell you I have a different perspective of Parker Fox. He was congratulating the NW players, especially Hudgins, Hawkins and Alexander. While I do at times find him hard to watch with his antics during the game, he is a true competitor and an outstanding athlete. Good luck to NSU going forward and to Parker Fox in the future. What a great facility in Aberdeen. NSU fans, you are lucky to get such a nice place to watch basketball. I also understand new football facilities are under construction. See you next November in St. Joseph.

Comment

• Comment

• If we're thinking about the same shot, I don't think that was the MIAA tournament... it was at home against MoSo, and it was incredible. Like I said earlier about that kid, sometimes I wish he wouldn't wait so long to take over a game. I think I heard on the post game that he scored 8 points in 23 seconds down the stretch... that's some Reggie Miller heroics there.

Comment

• Cam Martin is a matchup nightmare... it's hard to compare them, because they play so differently. Cam is an absolute beast in the post and can also extend the defense in ways that Parker can't. Parker is also good in the post, but when he gets going down hill... look out! Dreamer had no chance. They'd be an interesting matchup... Cam could move Parker and get what he wants, and I think Parker could face up and get around Cam just as easily. They probably wouldn't guard each other because they'd both foul out quickly. I'd take either one of them.... they can clog the lane a little bit, but they're also so good in there that it creates open shots on the perimeter.

As far as Parker's antics... I don't really like that stuff, but nothing Parker did last night was disrespectful to the opponent. He plays to the crowd and gets them fired up. It is what it is. I mean if I could dunk like that, I'd probably make Parker look subtle in his celebrations. But that is one thing I really like about our guys... for as good as they are, they are just cool. Justin Pitts...Trevor Hudgens, never any expression high or low... just cool. Ben talked about Hudgens's humbleness after the game and how he doesn't need or crave love from anyone other than his guys and the people close to him. I appreciate that mindset.

Comment

• Ben made comments on the comp. Stated they were polar opposites. One is a great athlete with a little skill and the other is highly skilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

If we're thinking about the same shot, I don't think that was the MIAA tournament... it was at home against MoSo, and it was incredible. Like I said earlier about that kid, sometimes I wish he wouldn't wait so long to take over a game. I think I heard on the post game that he scored 8 points in 23 seconds down the stretch... that's some Reggie Miller heroics there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                        #culturewins #basketballschool
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• What an incredible game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Definitely, and I'm sure they'll find their motivation for tonight... it was the "NW players relish being the underdog" part of the original comment that I thought was funny. These guys have never been the underdog.

Comment

• Lol... whatever it takes.

Comment

• Very late but wow a lot of b*tching about the refs from Northern fans. Obviously a lot of sour grapes but I'm sure it would've been a lot of the same if NW lost. Facts are:

Northern State was up 10 with 1:50 left. Four starters in. What happened next: 4 Fouls against NW. 3 Against Northern. Northern attempted 3 three point attempts in this span (stopped attacking the rim) and came NO WHERE near hitting rim on any of them. Thrown in two turnovers and two missed free throws and you have a choke job on Norhtern similiar to their performance in the 2019 regional in Maryville. You have to close that game out even if the fouls are 5-0 NW in the last two minutes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X