Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hoopster View Post
    Very late but wow a lot of b*tching about the refs from Northern fans. Obviously a lot of sour grapes but I'm sure it would've been a lot of the same if NW lost. Facts are:

Northern State was up 10 with 1:50 left. Four starters in. What happened next: 4 Fouls against NW. 3 Against Northern. Northern attempted 3 three point attempts in this span (stopped attacking the rim) and came NO WHERE near hitting rim on any of them. Thrown in two turnovers and two missed free throws and you have a choke job on Norhtern similiar to their performance in the 2019 regional in Maryville. You have to close that game out even if the fouls are 5-0 NW in the last two minutes.

Comment

• Comment

• My favorite part was the Bearcat having the nerve to call for the foul on the following shot attempt. That takes some onions.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopster View Post
          Very late but wow a lot of b*tching about the refs from Northern fans. Obviously a lot of sour grapes but I'm sure it would've been a lot of the same if NW lost. Facts are:

Northern State was up 10 with 1:50 left. Four starters in. What happened next: 4 Fouls against NW. 3 Against Northern. Northern attempted 3 three point attempts in this span (stopped attacking the rim) and came NO WHERE near hitting rim on any of them. Thrown in two turnovers and two missed free throws and you have a choke job on Norhtern similiar to their performance in the 2019 regional in Maryville. You have to close that game out even if the fouls are 5-0 NW in the last two minutes.
          FWIW... if NW had lost, I would have pointed to the poor 3 point shooting and an inability to take advantage after Chatman fouled out. Fox was the only true offensive threat once he left the game (granted he was dominant).

Comment

• Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-18-2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

My favorite part was the Bearcat having the nerve to call for the foul on the following shot attempt. That takes some onions.
              Yeah that was the true freshman and I think it was Hudgins who immediately grabbed him and walked him over to the sideline. If they didn't call anything at half court then they sure as hell weren't calling anything at the basket.

Comment

• It is what it is... got to beat them all anyway. Maybe playing a tougher team will help them lock in right from the opening tip. Not saying we can't or won't lose, but we already played the best team we're going to play. We just need to control what we can control and show up... if we play well and no one gets injured, we should be alright.

Comment

• Looking at WLU play earlier games this year, I am impressed with them. They full court press and play up tempo. Of course, we know that another team out of that area played that same way (Fairmont State). Seriously, I think they look pretty good. At this point, all teams look pretty good. Just glad we have a week to prepare for them, as Coach McCollum will have the Bearcats ready to go.

Comment

• NW may be down 1 starter Wed

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                      NW may be down 1 starter Wed
                      Third leading scorer Will Yoakum (and arguably the pure athlete on the team) has been out since just before the conference tourney. He's in a knee brace these days, so it's safe to say you won't have to game plan for him.

Comment

• Comment

• Best underdog story of all time.

Comment

• If they win that would be 3 titles in 5 years but only 4 tournaments. Kentucky Wesleyan won 3 in 4 years winning the title in 1966, 68 & 69. Cal State Bakersfield won 3 in 5 years winning in 1993, 94 & 97. Kentucky Wesleyan also played in the championship game 6 consecutive years from 1998-2003 winning the title in 1999 & 2001. I believe the 2003 appearance was later vacated due to an ineligible player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Best underdog story of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

My favorite part was the Bearcat having the nerve to call for the foul on the following shot attempt. That takes some onions.
                                really a fan of the look on his face getting hacked 2 sec after witnessing gang rape at midcourt by his associate with full sobriety.
                                Go Bearcats!
                                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X