Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team beats a lot of D1 teams. yikes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I think everyone got it right when when we called it the real National Championship game. Can you imagine how many dunks Fox would have on this squad?!?
      It would be a 5 hour game. He'd already gone through a couple of backboards by now.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I think everyone got it right when when we called it the real National Championship game. Can you imagine how many dunks Fox would have on this squad?!?
        That would have been to watch

Comment

• Coaches who couldn't beat NWMo are now trying to blame the NCAA

https://twitter.com/JeffBoschee/stat...023682049?s=19

Comment

• And NW did this the last 2 nights without the guy who won Most Outstanding player in the Regional.

Comment

• Comment

• Probably 0 chance NW gets invite to play Duke this fall. Coach K doesn't want to get embarrassed by a D2 on his home court. :)
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                  Probably 0 chance NW gets invite to play Duke this fall. Coach K doesn't want to get embarrassed by a D2 on his home court. :)
                  If that game happens, it will be a fun return for Hudgins, Bernard and Hawkins who started that game and for Dreamer who got to play significant minutes. . Three freshmen and a sophomore at the time for those four guys. Coach K very complimentary with the talent for such a young team in the post game. Fun game to watch. What exactly was Kirk Findley's injury that first couple minutes of that game? He got to score the first two points before he left.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

If that game happens, it will be a fun return for Hudgins, Bernard and Hawkins who started that game and for Dreamer who got to play significant minutes. . Three freshmen and a sophomore at the time for those four guys. Coach K very complimentary with the talent for such a young team in the post game. Fun game to watch. What exactly was Kirk Findley's injury that first couple minutes of that game? He got to score the first two points before he left.
                    Tore ACL

Comment

• wow
                      that was quite the rammycacking
                      i really figured they would give us more of a game but it didn't take long to see they couldn't hang
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        Coaches who couldn't beat NWMo are now trying to blame the NCAA

i assume he's volunteering to foot the bill to make that happen
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          Coaches who couldn't beat NWMo are now trying to blame the NCAA

Jeff Boschee has a valid point. To be fair to the best teams, the NCAA should set up the regionals the same way they do D1. Under the current stupid D2 system you had the two best teams in the country (Northwest & Northern State) playing in the same regional. As it turns out, the national championship was decided in the Central Regional. Northwest could have just as easily lost that game and not even made the Elite Eight. Northwest players and fans would then be feeling the same way Northern State feels after getting left out of the big dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Jeff Boschee has a valid point. To be fair to the best teams, the NCAA should set up the regionals the same way they do D1. Under the current stupid D2 system you had the two best teams in the country (Northwest & Northern State) playing in the same regional. As it turns out, the national championship was decided in the Central Regional. Northwest could have just as easily lost that game and not even made the Elite Eight. Northwest players and fans would then be feeling the same way Northern State feels after getting left out of the big dance.
                            only if you ignore circumstances
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

i assume he's volunteering to foot the bill to make that happen
                              Easily DII could do better setting up a modified Regional. Just need to look at final rankings and move top ranked teams into neighboring regions with proximity in mind. Northern State and NW could have been separated. Maybe set up Regionals on neutral courts to offer the best possible draw with the best possible convenience for all teams involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

Easily DII could do better setting up a modified Regional. Just need to look at final rankings and move top ranked teams into neighboring regions with proximity in mind. Northern State and NW could have been separated. Maybe set up Regionals on neutral courts to offer the best possible draw with the best possible convenience for all teams involved.
                                some years yes some years no
                                doesn't really make sense to change the rules as you go which is what they'd need to do depending on the year
                                i appreciate the focus on economy & frankly grateful for the exposure we get, it sure as heck ain't b/c any of these games be it fball or bball deliver a rating to justify the broadcasts, anyone not suffering from severe myopia knows how this works & why it does.
                                northern state had their chance & they lost, at home to boot - at the end of the day that's all any school can ask for
                                happens in fball too as you well know i'm sure since we've played in plenty heavyweight fights in the semis & in region as well.
                                Go Bearcats!
                                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X