Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Jeff Boschee has a valid point. To be fair to the best teams, the NCAA should set up the regionals the same way they do D1. Under the current stupid D2 system you had the two best teams in the country (Northwest & Northern State) playing in the same regional. As it turns out, the national championship was decided in the Central Regional. Northwest could have just as easily lost that game and not even made the Elite Eight. Northwest players and fans would then be feeling the same way Northern State feels after getting left out of the big dance.

Comment

• Comment

• Regionalization is a "Core Principle" of D2. All you have to do to get that changed is convince a majority of the schools from the other regions that it's in their best interest. Good luck with that. Until D2 has the big pile of TV cash for everyone like D1, things aren't going to change.

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

some years yes some years no
          doesn't really make sense to change the rules as you go which is what they'd need to do depending on the year
          i appreciate the focus on economy & frankly grateful for the exposure we get, it sure as heck ain't b/c any of these games be it fball or bball deliver a rating to justify the broadcasts, anyone not suffering from severe myopia knows how this works & why it does.
          northern state had their chance & they lost, at home to boot - at the end of the day that's all any school can ask for
          happens in fball too as you well know i'm sure since we've played in plenty heavyweight fights in the semis & in region as well.

WTF are you mumbling about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

WTF are you mumbling about?
            Some things just can't be explained...

Comment

• Kind of amazing that Northwest Missouri State wins the whole thing, and the collective reaction from our region's posters is more or less... "Meh...", with a sprinkle of excitement from the NWMSU fans.

Just shows how good they are.

Comment

• I always enjoy going to the opposing team's website to see their write-up after the game. Thought the headline was a bit amusing after West Texas A&M lost the N/C game today.. No mention of losing, but rather, "Grant Scores 20 In NCAA DII Championship Game". Would seem that headline might work if they had won the game, but, huh.

Good game played by Grant, tho.

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2021/3/27...ship-game.aspx
                Last edited by ZubCat81; 03-27-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Congratulations to the scrappy underdogs who were never supposed to be here.

Comment

• This is pretty cool...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      Kind of amazing that Northwest Missouri State wins the whole thing, and the collective reaction from our region's posters is more or less... "Meh...", with a sprinkle of excitement from the NWMSU fans.

Just shows how good they are.
                      I don't know. The Elite 8 was anticlimactic. No close games, no excitement. The average margin of victory for NW over the 3 games was 26 points. I think NW fans really think the NC was won in Aberdeen against NSU and that proved to be the case.
                      Last edited by CatFan88; 03-27-2021, 08:50 PM.
                      Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I don't know. The Elite 8 was anticlimactic. No close games, no excitement. The average margin of victory for the 3 games was 26 points. I think NW fans really think the NC was won in Aberdeen against NSU and that proved to be the case.
                        Didn't you watch WTAM's buzzer beater against Lincoln Memorial in the semis?

Comment

• he was talking about our games
                          all blowouts e8 on
                          nsu got some ballers
                          should be fun battling them again next yr
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Union Station in KC is lit in green!

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                              Union Station in KC is lit in green!
                              So is the Marriott.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                                he was talking about our games
                                all blowouts e8 on
                                nsu got some ballers
                                should be fun battling them again next yr

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X