Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I'm going to ask a serious question. Let's say McCollum wins this National Championship (his third in the past four years that have actually had tournaments played). And let's reflect on this info piece, pulled from the NWMSU website and updated with what would include this season's numbers if they win it all this year:

If that happens and the Bearcats win the whole thing... how the crap does this guy not get a legitimate D1 offer somewhere? I mean, why even be a Division II head coach if this level of success won't get you to the next level?

I get it, Bearcat fans will all say, "Maybe he doesn't want to leave Maryville, his family is happy here, he loves this school and program, etc." I get all of that. But let's be real: deep down in their hearts, I'm willing to bet almost every coach wants to work his way to whatever the next level is. It's what competitors do. It's what all (or at least most) of us want to do at our own jobs.

I also know Bearcat fans will say, "He just hasn't gotten a D1 opportunity that appeals to him so why take a crappy job?, etc." and I get that too. You don't want to just take some low-level, nobody-is-gonna-win-here type of job and struggle for 3-5 years and then get fired and have to go looking for a worsesome

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      Union Station in KC is lit in green!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
        And NW did this the last 2 nights without the guy who won Most Outstanding player in the Regional.
        Amazingly NW only used 7 players in the qtrs and 6 on the other 2 games(until mop up time)
        Talk about Iron Men-2 frosh 2 soph 2 jr 1sr made up their rotation BA got hurt

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I don't know. The Elite 8 was anticlimactic. No close games, no excitement. The average margin of victory for NW over the 3 games was 26 points. I think NW fans really think the NC was won in Aberdeen against NSU and that proved to be the case.
          NW broke a 51 yr old record for total points difference in the E8 with 78!

Comment

• Comment

• Does Duke want this Northwest team? Will be interesting to see if Duke keeps up the tradition of playing the D2 national champ in an exhibition game. They will probably use COVID as an excuse not to do so this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

Does Duke want this Northwest team? Will be interesting to see if Duke keeps up the tradition of playing the D2 national champ in an exhibition game. They will probably use COVID as an excuse not to do so this fall.
                This is what I'd put my money on. Especially with how underwhelming they were this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                  Congratulations to the scrappy underdogs who were never supposed to be here.

Comment

• Again, this is another student reporter so take it with a grain of salt.

For perspective, I understand what he's trying to say but he did a poor job of wording it. Yes NW was highly favored throughout the year to do this. But Covid could have cancelled the season and stopped it from happening. Additionally, being down 10 with 2 minutes left at NSU should have closed the door on the season but it didn't. I think that's the point he's trying to make but the wording wasn't the best.

Comment

• the article is fine for a college paper.

the first line is obviously absurd (should have just starting off with something about capping the weirdest year ever or whatev) but then just proceeds to more or less chronicle what they overcame during the season nbd.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Comment

• Can you imagine the villain Parker Fox will be portrayed as in the movie??? :)

Comment

• Somebody listed a Division II Power 10 ranking with Northern State 3rd behind West Texas. Sorry, I would list them #2 ahead of WT by a wide margin. BTW, found that on the ncaa.com webside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Can you imagine the villain Parker Fox will be portrayed as in the movie??? :)
                              They should cast Wyatt Russell to play him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Can you imagine the villain Parker Fox will be portrayed as in the movie??? :)
                                Mick from Teen Wolf would be a solid inspiration given his proclivity to foul out at the end of the game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X