X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Final 4

Final 4 semifinals today on CBS -SN

5:00 Lander (2) vs Drury (3)

7:30 Central Missouri (5) vs Lubbock Christian (1)

Congrats and good luck to the Jennies

Comment

(1) Lubbock Christian 63
      (5) Central Missouri 61

(3) Drury 74
      (2) Lander 65

Lubbock Christian and Drury will play for the national championship on Friday.

Seven freshmen played for Central Missouri this year with four and even five freshmen in the game at the same time, so look out going forward.
      Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 03-24-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
        (1) Lubbock Christian 63
        (5) Central Missouri 61

(3) Drury 74
        (2) Lander 65

Lubbock Christian and Drury will play for the national championship on Friday.

Seven freshmen played for Central Missouri this year with four and even five freshmen in the game at the same time, so look out going forward.
        Heard around the LSC: all 7 LCU seniors, including 5 starters and the 1st off the bench, will take advantage of this free year and return next year. Welcome to the LSC. That'll give UCM's girls another year to get better.

Right now, LCU's Gomez is the best women's coach in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Heard around the LSC: all 7 LCU seniors, including 5 starters and the 1st off the bench, will take advantage of this free year and return next year. Welcome to the LSC. That'll give UCM's girls another year to get better.

Chip, are you just messing with us? I thought that last years spring sports got an extra year, but not the winter sports.

Comment

Congrats to the Jennies for taking #1 LCU down to the wire in a two point loss. Crap, I was looking forward to a Missouri final between UCM and Drury.

A special shout out to the MIAA for being the best women's conference in the country this year.
            Regular season records:
            Fort Hays 19-2 was the conference champion.
            UNK 20-3 won the conference tourney.
            UCM 20-3 won the regional tourney and got to the Final Four

Other teams that were tough this year were Emporia State, Central Oklahoma, Pitt State, and Washburn.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

Chip, are you just messing with us? I thought that last years spring sports got an extra year, but not the winter sports.
              He may be messing with you as far as LCU, but it is true that this is a free year for winter sports athletes if they choose to use it as such. I wonder if the NCAA had known we'd make it to the end, if they would've done that a little differently.

Congrats to your Jennies!

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

He may be messing with you as far as LCU, but it is true that this is a free year for winter sports athletes if they choose to use it as such. I wonder if the NCAA had known we'd make it to the end, if they would've done that a little differently.

So, we may be looking at a groundhog day situation next year for lots of teams. Jennies could have three senior starters back again next year to go along with our awesome freshmen. I wonder how that effects recruiting and scholarships? I know football did it, but I can't remember the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

No, I'm not messing with you.

LCU's HC, Gomez, reminds me of a recently retired coach right here in Canyon, Tx. His name is Joe Lombard. Retired at age 67 from Canyon HS. 42 years coaching. 19 Texas state titles. Women's BB Hall of Fame. USA Today National COY in 2014. Career record, 1379-133. His teams would methodically grind you down. Play great D, not turn it over, and hit their FT's.

Just like Gomez at LCU. Since the Heartland joined the LSC (and a few years before), the Road to the Elite 8 goes thru Lubbock, Texas.

I'm picking LCU by 5 in the NC.

Comment

Actually heard on the Jennies post game after beating Belmonte Abbey that Collier was going to play another year for the Jennies.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I think you're right about the NCAA pulling the trigger to soon on the free year thing. Does the free year just apply to seniors or does everybody get a free year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                        Actually heard on the Jennies post game after beating Belmonte Abbey that Collier was going to play another year for the Jennies.
                        That's great news. Now she needs to dial down the over aggression and stay out of foul trouble.

Comment

Not so sure about the Gomez bunk, but the LCU seniors came within a shot of getting beat by a bunch of freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Not so sure about the Gomez bunk, but the LCU seniors came within a shot of getting beat by a bunch of freshmen.
                            Gomez' record is something like 450-125. I wouldn't call that "bunk."

Comment

Gomez' record is something like 450-125. I wouldn't call that "bunk."

LCU plays in a weak conference with no competition. UCM didn't even win their own conference and still the Jennies freshmen almost dropped the Gomez seniors.
                              Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 03-26-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X