Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterWizard;n582179
    [B
    ]I like the idea of Duke playing at Maryville for a change of pace. Packed house (of course), and wallah the Coach K Farewell Tour is underway[/B]. Northwest could even get it all going by gifting him a new John Deere!

More road games for the Blue Devils this year means more gifts for Mike!
    Two things with Coach K bringing his 5-Star talent to Lamkin Bearcat Arena to start off his farewell tour in 2021. For the Bearcat players, there would be alot of mixed feelings .... playing in front of a home crowd with the legendary Coach Krzyzewski and his Duke team walking through the doors of Lamkin Bearcat Arena with a massively packed crowd of Bearcat fans and supporters that has never been seen before in Bearcat history. It would be an emotional experience that I think would be felt even with the Duke Blue Devils. That goes for any of their fans who might take on the adventure to travel to Maryville and visit the NW campus. Another thing, since this first game for Duke has always been about honoring the D2 National Champion with a trip to Duke's very own historic Cameron Indoor Stadium (Arena) to take on the Duke Blue Devils, for Coach K to change those plans as a part his farewell tour, it would be a monstrous kindly tribute from Coach Krzyzewski to honor another incredibly successful and up-and-coming coach at the NCAA D2 level with coming to the 'Ville to play Coach McCollom's highly successful and high regarded Bearcat team. There might even be a bit of pressure on Coach K's team that he might even relish for his Duke players to face before going into his final 2021-22 season. That game at Lamkin Bearcat Arena would be mind-blowing!

On the other hand, we all have to know the Bearcat players, and certainly Coach Mac, there is a CRAZY THRILL about the opportunity to play in the legendary and historic Duke Cameron Indoor Stadium (Arena). Players die for that opportunity. I mean, how crazy thrilling was it for the 2019-20 Bearcats to go into Cameron Indoor Stadium in front of a loud home crowd of Duke fans to play them to the eventual 6-point loss for the Bearcats. Even the incredibly loyal Bearcat fans who make that journey were standing tall after that game. Loved Coach K's comments at his press conference after the game. Trevor Hudgins and Diego Bernard were freshmen, Wes Dreamer and Luke Waters were sophomores, and Ryan Hawkins was a junior. The only missing starter for that game was Ryan Welty, and, of course, the other senior starter was Kirk Finley who scored the first 2 points of the game and then was injured two minutes after the game started.

I just hope this game happens again.

Comment

Comment

Prime minister of Bahamas cancelled the game. Last minute decision due to covid cases. Said the game could only be played if both teams were 100% vaccinated and neither were. Team found out shortly after landing in Nassau.

Comment

That sucks-will they still get to vacation?

Comment

Comment

Didn't see a link to your comment above. This appears to be what you were referring.

https://stakingtheplains.com/2021/08...w-missouri-st/

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

Didn't see a link to your comment above. This appears to be what you were referring.

https://stakingtheplains.com/2021/08...w-missouri-st/
                Yes

Comment

Bearcat basketball is well for this 2021-2022 season, so says NBA prospect Trevor Hudgins. With, or without, Hawkins who passed on his final freebie season at NW and made a decision to throw himself into a final year playing at Creighton. Honestly, good for him!. I'm sure a ton of us NW fans, as well as Bearcat players, will enjoy keeping tabs on him during this 2021-2022 season with their own goal of a three-peet to another NCAA DII National Championship. NW Bearcat fans will be hyped for this year of basketball. It's going to be exciting. Love the first matchup with a repeat of last year's Central Region title game with NW vs Northern State at the College Basketball Hall of Fame Classic in St. Joseph, Mo. News about this NW team has been quiet at this point. All I can give is this McCollum interview in the Northwest Missourian newspaper on October 12, 2021.

GO, BEARCATS!!!

https://www.nwmissourinews.com/sport...92dcafcb4.html
                  Last edited by ZubCat81; 10-26-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Maybe this already got discussed on here, but it looks like the Bearcats were not invited back to Durham this year. Maybe you guys were bad guests last time around and the Blue Devils didn't want to deal with hosting you again?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      Maybe this already got discussed on here, but it looks like the Bearcats were not invited back to Durham this year. Maybe you guys were bad guests last time around and the Blue Devils didn't want to deal with hosting you again?
                      Coach K is a wuss... didn't want to lose to a D2 team on his farewell tour. ;) Really though, I think it had more to do with the still unknowns with Covid and all that jazz when they were working on scheduling than anything, but I'm not entirely sure. It's either that or Coach McCullom left a deuce in the toilet of the visiting locker room without flushing.

Comment

I think Duke is scared of NWMS and the whole MIAA!

Comment

Feel bad for Hawk - CU is now on probation.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                            Feel bad for Hawk - CU is now on probation.
                            Something new out there? They were put on probation in June but no post-season ban was in place. Most of it was monetary and recruiting restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Something new out there? They were put on probation in June but no post-season ban was in place. Most of it was monetary and recruiting restrictions.

Comment

I like the early season slate... Northwest gets to see where they're at right away with some good competition. 5 out of the first 6 are either against teams ranked or receiving votes in the preseason poll. Let's get this party started!

#6 Truman State
                                #15 Northern State
                                #21 Seattle Pacific
                                Arkansas Monticello
                                Missouri-St. Louis

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X