Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• ... AND, what a CRAZY GOOD turnout for the Bearcat crowd considering students were gone for Christmas break! Also, gotta say, really too bad NW has been scheduling so many of their home games during both the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks with NW students missing out on all this great Bearcat action. We gotta stop scheduling our games that way. Strong performance and great Bearcat team win vs a MW team that was 4-0 in the MIAA Conference and on their own 6-game winning streak!
      Last edited by ZubCat81; 12-18-2021, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• NW set a school record shooting 72.9% from the field despite several subs playing the last 6 minutes or so. This is the best shooting percentage so far this year in D2
        Last edited by NWFanatic; 12-18-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
            ... AND, what a CRAZY GOOD turnout for the Bearcat crowd considering students were gone for Christmas break! Also, gotta say, really too bad NW has been scheduling so many of their home games during both the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks with NW students missing out on all this great Bearcat action. We gotta stop scheduling our games that way. Strong performance and great Bearcat team win vs a MW team that was 4-0 in the MIAA Conference and on their own 6-game winning streak!
            Could be wrong but I don't think the schools have much choice on conference games, they are played when they are scheduled. The conference takes the schools finals weeks and such into consideration but overall the school really only has a day or two flexibility. Non conference games they definitely can adjust.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Could be wrong but I don't think the schools have much choice on conference games, they are played when they are scheduled. The conference takes the schools finals weeks and such into consideration but overall the school really only has a day or two flexibility. Non conference games they definitely can adjust.
              Yeah, I'm pretty sure you are right in regards to the MIAA scheduling, but even looking ahead to the next holiday coming up after Christmas, and here you go once again ... NW home games during the New Year holiday break for NW students when Bearcats take on MOSO on Jan 1, and then Pitt State on Jan 3. Make that NW home games scheduled over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. That's ugly scheduling. Thank God this Bearcat team has CRAZY GOOD Northwest Alumni fans and Maryville fans!!! Incredible turnout tonight at Bearcat-Lamkin Arena. Where are the NW students gonna sit when they can finally attend a home game?
              Last edited by ZubCat81; 12-18-2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Don't have to be a D2 fan specifically, just a basketball fan to appreciate the offense that McCollum and the Bearcats run. When it's going good like it was yesterday, it's so much fun to watch. Really got to feel for the other team having to defend it. I would think their points/possession had to be near perfect yesterday.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                  ... AND, what a CRAZY GOOD turnout for the Bearcat crowd considering students were gone for Christmas break! Also, gotta say, really too bad NW has been scheduling so many of their home games during both the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks with NW students missing out on all this great Bearcat action. We gotta stop scheduling our games that way. Strong performance and great Bearcat team win vs a MW team that was 4-0 in the MIAA Conference and on their own 6-game winning streak!
                  You'd like for the season to go from 3 1/2 months plus to even longer? The students are typically gone a week at Thanksgiving and about a month for Christmas/New Years...so you're talking playing into April or May. I can tell you the BB season is a long ass grind on the players...making it longer would make it worse. Students could do like other fans do...drive to the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

You'd like for the season to go from 3 1/2 months plus to even longer? The students are typically gone a week at Thanksgiving and about a month for Christmas/New Years...so you're talking playing into April or May. I can tell you the BB season is a long ass grind on the players...making it longer would make it worse. Students could do like other fans do...drive to the game.
                    I don't think that's what he meant... I think his point was all of the games falling during the breaks seem to be at home, and it would've been nice if some of them were on the road. I don't think there's a lot of control over that, other than the sh*t NIAA game we have Wednesday. Just unlucky the way the schedule fell as far as student participation.

Comment

• I agree with you Alfred 33. We have 4 home games over the break with no students around. I would like to see them lighten the schedule over the holidays and play these big games when everyone is back. That is prolly impossible but it seems to me that it would be smart from a revenue perspective. As an example, we play NWMS and MWWS on Jan. 6th and 8th at home without students. Traditionally, those two games have been some of our biggest crowds of the season.

Comment

• Maybe this is intentional to keep crowds down due to covid

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                          I agree with you Alfred 33. We have 4 home games over the break with no students around. I would like to see them lighten the schedule over the holidays and play these big games when everyone is back. That is prolly impossible but it seems to me that it would be smart from a revenue perspective. As an example, we play NWMS and MWWS on Jan. 6th and 8th at home without students. Traditionally, those two games have been some of our biggest crowds of the season.
                          The MoWest game during the break is probably the most disappointing and not necessarily just for the home team... only being 40 minutes apart, there is usually a full house and good student crowd from both schools at those games. It's a good atmosphere... even better with a beatdown like we put on them Saturday. I can remember SEVERAL years ago when they beat us at our place, a large contingent of their student section was on the floor after the game chanting "Our house!" They haven't gotten to do that for awhile. ;) Washburn / Northwest games are almost always good matchups, so for sure you'd like to have the home student crowd. It's kind of funny that we were 0-2 against you at home and you were 0-1 against us at home last year...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I don't think that's what he meant... I think his point was all of the games falling during the breaks seem to be at home, and it would've been nice if some of them were on the road. I don't think there's a lot of control over that, other than the sh*t NIAA game we have Wednesday. Just unlucky the way the schedule fell as far as student participation.
                            Conference schedule rotates each year, so if you have a lot of home games during that time frame this year, you'll be on the road for them next year. For Christmas break, teams may have one more Non-Con/exhibition game...exhibitions during that timeframe are largely at home...non-con depends on the school's strategy for those games. If you're playing patsies, they'll be at home, if you're scheduling tougher competition it'll typically rotate too...so you're back to home one year, away the next. Need enough home games for revenue and season ticket holders. It is still a business.

Similar to playoff FB games...with the week long break for Thanksgiving (at NW at least) you could have the students gone for two home games.

It sucks that students can't be there for all games, that being said, it is the nature of the beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Conference schedule rotates each year, so if you have a lot of home games during that time frame this year, you'll be on the road for them next year. For Christmas break, teams may have one more Non-Con/exhibition game...exhibitions during that timeframe are largely at home...non-con depends on the school's strategy for those games. If you're playing patsies, they'll be at home, if you're scheduling tougher competition it'll typically rotate too...so you're back to home one year, away the next. Need enough home games for revenue and season ticket holders. It is still a business.

Similar to playoff FB games...with the week long break for Thanksgiving (at NW at least) you could have the students gone for two home games.

It sucks that students can't be there for all games, that being said, it is the nature of the beast.

Comment

• When I read his initial post, I took it as he wanted it to change...the only way to change it so the students can be there would be to not have games while they're gone, thus extending the season...way too tough on the athletes to try and do that. Or maybe he just wants to complain to complain. :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X