Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
    I agree with you Alfred 33. We have 4 home games over the break with no students around. I would like to see them lighten the schedule over the holidays and play these big games when everyone is back. That is prolly impossible but it seems to me that it would be smart from a revenue perspective. As an example, we play NWMS and MWWS on Jan. 6th and 8th at home without students. Traditionally, those two games have been some of our biggest crowds of the season.

I know students pay fees that allow them access to regular season games but I don't think there is any charge on a game by game basis for home students at any MIAA school.

Comment

• Anyone know why we only had 10 suited up for the game with St. Marys yesterday?

Comment

• Last edited by NWFanatic; 12-30-2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• NW 74 PSU 64. Rough physical game

Comment

• Bernard only played about the first 8 min. of the 2nd half. Might be the flu bug catching a few of them. Didn't see where he might have been injured.

Comment

• NW starter Isaiah Jackson not suiting up tonite for the Pitt Game, as true for Luke Moustakas ... who, also has now not suited up for the last two games since NW players came back from Christmas break. Moustakas is from Chicago. Jackson from Independence. I missed the game tonite vs Pitt State, but saw that NW had built a 26-pt lead early in the 2nd half. Wish I could have seen how that 2nd half played out to see how NW only came out on top with that 10-pt win. Altho, NWFanatic did mention "for some reason" Bernard only played the first 8 minutes of that 2nd half. Wasn't foul trouble ... Bernard only had 1 personal foul for the game. Of course ... just like the mystery of why Jackson didn't suit up for this PItt State game, as well as Moustakas, who has now not suited up the last two games, now NW fans get to be puzzled as to why Diego Bernard disappears from action after only 8 minutes of playing time in the 2nd half, even though he finishes the game tied with Trevor Hudgins for leading scorer at 18 points. So, yeah ... inquiring minds want to know. Good luck with that.

That said, NW takes to the road facing three tough road games vs WU (7-6 ... uh, don' be fooled by that record) on Thurs, then goes to ESU (11-3) on Saturday, and followed by Fort Hays State (10-2) on Wed. Back to the WU game ... REALLY glad to see Geiman is back in action for WU. I never like to see even a NW team take advantage of not playing another team's best. I want everyone to be healthy to the point they can be back at their starting position. Same with NW ... just want the team to be intact when they take to the road this week and into next vs WU, ESU and FHSU. If there is a Covid issue, or a flu issue impacting this NW team ... simply, couldn't be more untimely. Will be a hell of a challenge. GO BEARCATS!
                  Last edited by ZubCat81; 01-04-2022, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• I had heard after the last game that Moustakis was out due to Covid. I haven't heard anything about Jackson.

Comment

• Comment

• Looking forward to the NWMS game on Thurs. Yes, we have everybody back but just barely. Clausing played 11 minutes at UCM on Friday, Dec. 31st. It was nice to have him but he was really rusty and it looks like they are going to have to play him into shape. Nelson was back for the first time and played really well with 11pts in 30minutes. Geiman was Geiman but he still is not himself. He had 14pts, 10 rebounds and 4 assists. He is getting a little better every game but is definitely not 100%. I just hope we can play the Bearcats tough. I am not sure how we will be. I know it helps having everybody back but it looked like our first game of the year at UCM. Very clunky offensively and we shot very poorly (5 out of 26 from 3pt land). I know the Bearcats will be ready.

Comment

• Comment

• MSSU @ NWMSU rescheduled for 6:00 pm Tues 02/01/22

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                              Looking forward to the NWMS game on Thurs. Yes, we have everybody back but just barely. Clausing played 11 minutes at UCM on Friday, Dec. 31st. It was nice to have him but he was really rusty and it looks like they are going to have to play him into shape. Nelson was back for the first time and played really well with 11pts in 30minutes. Geiman was Geiman but he still is not himself. He had 14pts, 10 rebounds and 4 assists. He is getting a little better every game but is definitely not 100%. I just hope we can play the Bearcats tough. I am not sure how we will be. I know it helps having everybody back but it looked like our first game of the year at UCM. Very clunky offensively and we shot very poorly (5 out of 26 from 3pt land). I know the Bearcats will be ready.
                              This is one of those games where you can probably just throw everything up to this point out the window and watch both teams go at it. It's developed into quite a rivalry with some really great guard matchups the last couple of years. Every game over the last 2 years has been tight, excluding the regional when Washburn was banged up. The first 3 games last year were 2-1 in favor of the Bods, but the point differential was 0... can't get much closer than that! I hope Jackson is back... his perimeter defense is cut from the same cloth as Diego's and will be welcome against Washburn's guards, but I'm sure the Bod's won't feel sorry for us if we aren't full strength after what they've been through to start the season. lol Good to hear you all are getting healthier, but if Clausing isn't quite Clausing yet, I'm okay with that for another game. ;)

Comment

• Jon Walker reported that Coach Mac said Jackson would be back "just have to be careful with these things"...on a side note, I did see him eating with the team Sunday night...sounds like he's sick and they're keeping him away from the team just in case...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X