Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW ties it as the buzzer with Trevor doing Trevor things. The best part is the announcer claiming the game was over when UCO got the ball back with 7 seconds and up 1. Heading to OT
    Last edited by NWHoops; 01-20-2022, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Wow, based on live stats this appears to have been a wild affair

Comment

• Last edited by Alfred33; 01-21-2022, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Tough OT loss for NW, but man Dreamer plays 3 min, Waters and Abreu foul out. Diego struggling from the field and still it took a last few seconds tip in to beat the Cats on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
            This play by play joker is coming right out of the gates these first 5 minutes of the second half being a total ass.
            Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 01-20-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Yeah, I wish there was some way to synchronize the KXCV Bearcat broadcast by John Coffey and Matt Tritten with the MIAA video stream of Bearcat games when NW plays on the road, especially when hosting teams feature the kind of obnoxious play-by-play guys like that idiot tonite. Really struggled with "the kid" doing the play-by-play at the WU game, as well. Felt he was a little more suited as a color guy at this point in his early career. Not calling the play-by-play the way he did. It was just a bit too sophomoric for me. I probably don't have the patience as maybe some others when students take to the radio to call games, but I would take him over the bonehead we listened to tonite.

Comment

Yeah, I wish there was some way to synchronize the KXCV Bearcat broadcast by John Coffey and Matt Tritten with the MIAA video stream of Bearcat games when NW plays on the road, especially when hosting teams feature the kind of obnoxious play-by-play guys like that idiot tonite. Really struggled with "the kid" doing the play-by-play at the WU game, as well. Felt he was a little more suited as a color guy at this point in his early career. Not calling the play-by-play the way he did. It was just a bit too sophomoric for me. I probably don't have the patience as maybe some others when students take to the radio to call games, but I would take him over the bonehead we listened to tonite.
                  Student Broadcasters are learning I was once in there shoes so I have some patience. UCO guy was definitely an older adult, who was salty, hateful and unprofessional. From all the talk about UCO about to be a monster in MIAA facility wise, feels like getting a new broadcaster is a simple upgrade that would make there athletic department look better. The voice of the university can go a long way.

Comment

• That wouldn't have bothered me if the rest of the broadcast wasn't the way it was... if that was just an attempt at a joke and the rest of the broadcast was professional, then yeah whatever, but he was literally an idiot fan calling the game yelling at the officials. He called the one official out by his name several times and at one point said "You, (I won't say his name) have no business being an official in the MIAA!" What play by play guy does that on a broadcast? There was a couple of other times where he was ragging on the officials when he was completely wrong... One that I remember off the top of my head was when he was going bezerk because the officials didn't call it out when it hit the top of the backboard... at that point, I was yelling at the TV, saying "know the rules dumbass!" I've never wanted to win a game so bad because of a commentator... lol
                    Last edited by Alfred33; 01-21-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• I've often had some complaints about the product from some the schools on the NSIC Network as well, but for the most part I'm just happy to have the ability to watch Northern games on the road. However, the NSIC product is free (for now). With a paid service I might expect a little better quality. It's pretty amazing to see the difference in broadcasts from some of the schools.

Comment

Yeah, I wish there was some way to synchronize the KXCV Bearcat broadcast by John Coffey and Matt Tritten with the MIAA video stream of Bearcat games when NW plays on the road, especially when hosting teams feature the kind of obnoxious play-by-play guys like that idiot tonite. Really struggled with "the kid" doing the play-by-play at the WU game, as well. Felt he was a little more suited as a color guy at this point in his early career. Not calling the play-by-play the way he did. It was just a bit too sophomoric for me. I probably don't have the patience as maybe some others when students take to the radio to call games, but I would take him over the bonehead we listened to tonite.
                        KXCV presented at Booster Club about a new app update that will allow you to synchronize the NW broadcast with the game. Not sure if it's out yet or not but it would be welcomed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Moon View Post

Student Broadcasters are learning I was once in there shoes so I have some patience. UCO guy was definitely an older adult, who was salty, hateful and unprofessional. From all the talk about UCO about to be a monster in MIAA facility wise, feels like getting a new broadcaster is a simple upgrade that would make there athletic department look better. The voice of the university can go a long way.
                          You'd think the voice of the Bronchos would learn the correct way to say Adam Dorrel's name too... lol

Comment

• Have to admit, I listened to the radio broadcast even though it was about 30 seconds ahead of the video. Started listening during the women's game and decided I would be better off with a 30 sec lead on the radio! :)

Comment

• Back to the game (and away from announcer talk) - After playing denial on Hudgins almost the entire second half, how do you let him catch the ball on the in bound pass with six seconds left and with a three point lead then let drive the length of the floor and get a three-pointer off? How many times has Trevor hit a game tying and/or game winning three-pointer in his career?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                                Back to the game (and away from announcer talk) - After playing denial on Hudgins almost the entire second half, how do you let him catch the ball on the in bound pass with six seconds left and with a three point lead then let drive the length of the floor and get a three-pointer off? How many times has Trevor hit a game tying and/or game winning three-pointer in his career?
                                Yeah, I don't know why they let him get it off the inbounds... once they did, they went with soft pressure, but when he got past half court, they did send two guys at him. It was a pretty weak effort at a trap though... when he went to pick it up, he kind of split it, rose up and nailed it, like he often does. It looked like they were really trying hard to make sure they didn't foul... up 3, that's one of those times when fouling as he crossed half court and put him on the line probably isn't the worst idea. Some coaches do, some coaches don't. You're right though, it wasn't an easy shot, but he got a clean look at it and it nearly cost them the ball game. He's the one guy that you don't want to see in that situation with the ball in his hands.

It's kind of unfortunate that the announcer thing has taken away from what was really a pretty good basketball game no matter which side you fall on. UCO isn't getting the praise here like they probably should because all anyone took away from the game was that that dude is a buffoon. lol I was really impressed with UCO's point guard, Hayden... he put our guys, who are typically outstanding on ball defenders, on skates several times and got all the way to the basket for layups as well as shot the 3 well when he had those opportunities. Isaiah Wade was a beast that we really didn't have an answer for. I watched UCO when they played Washburn and Cam Givens was a man amongst boys that night... he really didn't do anything last night, yet they still got it done. That's a good team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X