Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
    Back to the game (and away from announcer talk) - After playing denial on Hudgins almost the entire second half, how do you let him catch the ball on the in bound pass with six seconds left and with a three point lead then let drive the length of the floor and get a three-pointer off? How many times has Trevor hit a game tying and/or game winning three-pointer in his career?
    I agree with the premise but there's a reason (IMO) he's the best player in D2. On most every team, everyone knows who the best player on the team is and that they are trying to get the ball for the last shot if their team is down. Typically, that best player still gets the ball even when everyone in the gym knows that's where it is going.

Comment

• I watched. Great game. UCO played vey undisciplined down the stretch and made a lot of silly turnovers. With Dreamer out, there was a ton on Hudgins and he delivered. It was really unbelievable to me that NWMS was able to hang in and almost win with the adversity that they had. I think it shows how well coached they are and how hard they play. You can now probably see how tough it has been for the Ichabods to be without 3 or their top 6 players for more than half of this year. The injury bug has now hit the Bearcats and that changes everything. With everyone healthy, there is no way that NWMS loses that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
        Back to the game (and away from announcer talk) - After playing denial on Hudgins almost the entire second half, how do you let him catch the ball on the in bound pass with six seconds left and with a three point lead then let drive the length of the floor and get a three-pointer off? How many times has Trevor hit a game tying and/or game winning three-pointer in his career?
        I can think of one time in particular...

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
          I watched. Great game. UCO played vey undisciplined down the stretch and made a lot of silly turnovers. With Dreamer out, there was a ton on Hudgins and he delivered. It was really unbelievable to me that NWMS was able to hang in and almost win with the adversity that they had. I think it shows how well coached they are and how hard they play. You can now probably see how tough it has been for the Ichabods to be without 3 or their top 6 players for more than half of this year. The injury bug has now hit the Bearcats and that changes everything. With everyone healthy, there is no way that NWMS loses that game.
          Hopefully Dreamer's injury is not too serious. He did try to return to the game but was too limited. The fact that he came back in has me hopeful he will not be out long. NW has the 2 worst teams in the league next up on their schedule. Maybe he can sit those out and be back after.

Comment

• Good timing for you guys having an easier next two games. If he was able to come back in, I am sure he will be back in a week or so. I was looking at UCO's schedule. They have a fairly easy schedule left outside of the at Emporia and at Washburn next week. They have 5 at home and 5 on the road but most of their games are against the lower half of our conference standings. NWMS has 12 games left (6 at home and 6 on the road) but has Emporia twice, Washburn at home, at Missouri Southern and Fort Hays at home. A little tougher than UCO's.

Comment

• Comment

• I agree. Just a reminder. When Washburn played at UCO in December. They shot 42 free throws and the Bods shot 15. It was a screw job. An official from UCO came up to me after the game an apologized. I was not surprised. Typical of the Okie officials absolute debacle. You guys got screwed too. The MIAA needs to step in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                  I agree. Just a reminder. When Washburn played at UCO in December. They shot 42 free throws and the Bods shot 15. It was a screw job. An official from UCO came up to me after the game an apologized. I was not surprised. Typical of the Okie officials absolute debacle. You guys got screwed too. The MIAA needs to step in.

Comment

• Comment

• NWMSU picked up 1/2 game on UCO as their game w/MWSU was postponed due to omicron
                      Last edited by NWFanatic; 01-23-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• KXCV has a way to sync their broadcast with the MIAA video feed. Go to their website for instructions. Also a NW fan complained to the MIAA about the UCO broadcast and the MIAA is reviewing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                          KXCV has a way to sync their broadcast with the MIAA video feed. Go to their website for instructions. Also a NW fan complained to the MIAA about the UCO broadcast and the MIAA is reviewing it.
                          When you've won 3 NCs in the past 5 years everybody is going to take their shot to try to bring you down...they'll call you names...they'll shoosh the crowd down 30+ when they score a basket, they'll say bad things about you...they'll consistently show you their lack of class...don't ***** about it...don't go crying to mommy about it...enjoy the ride and laugh your ass off at them...I promise it'll keep your blood pressure down and make the ride so much more enjoyable! In the immortal word of Mel Brooks..."It's Good To Be The King!" :)

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

When you've won 3 NCs in the past 5 years everybody is going to take their shot to try to bring you down...they'll call you names...they'll shoosh the crowd down 30+ when they score a basket, they'll say bad things about you...they'll consistently show you their lack of class...don't ***** about it...don't go crying to mommy about it...enjoy the ride and laugh your ass off at them...I promise it'll keep your blood pressure down and make the ride so much more enjoyable! In the immortal word of Mel Brooks..."It's Good To Be The King!" :)
                            Last edited by Alfred33; 01-24-2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• I believe we're in agreement...if the complaint was about berating the officials that's perfectly understandable, the other not so much. I didn't listen to it and haven't listened to UCO's broadcasts before, sounds like the guy might want to look for another field of work.

You can disagree with officials, but calling them out by name is a whole different deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I believe we're in agreement...if the complaint was about berating the officials that's perfectly understandable, the other not so much. I didn't listen to it and haven't listened to UCO's broadcasts before, sounds like the guy might want to look for another field of work.

You can disagree with officials, but calling them out by name is a whole different deal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X