Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minot St renovations going on

Always have thought Rice is an underrated gym in the Northern Sun, and one of my personal favorites actually

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
      Hijacking the Minot thread.....

new painting going on at Rice Auditorium

I think this is the first time I've ever seen the seat side. Never been there and the camera angle for streaming always shows the curtain. Would be better if they could somehow shoot the games from the other side of the court.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        I think this is the first time I've ever seen the seat side. Never been there and the camera angle for streaming always shows the curtain. Would be better if they could somehow shoot the games from the other side of the court.
        I agree with that. It would give it a much better "game" atmosphere.

Comment

That may be why I have been higher on the facility than others....because I was there for a game 12 years and have seen the full gym while others probably have only seen half.

Other arenas could benefit from flipping the vantage point on their broadcasts. Concordia is one that immediately comes to mind. Obviously I've been to the arena, but I always enjoy watching SMSU games from the Midco feed because they shoot from the other side of the court and you get the benches and more fans.

Comment

The facility is used so much I think staff was tired of setting up/taking down all the portable ones
            I wonder, would they consider adding more seats underneath the baskets now in the open space where the hoops were set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              I wonder, would they consider adding more seats underneath the baskets now in the open space where the hoops were set up?
              Never thought of that.....I suppose they could

Comment

I imagine they keep the camera where it's at because there is a "press box" way at the top on the seat side that offers a nice overhead shot of the court.

Comment

Comment

I imagine they keep the camera where it's at because there is a "press box" way at the top on the seat side that offers a nice overhead shot of the court.
                    Looks nice.

Comment

Yeah, unless someone has seen some structure on the stage I've never noticed, the camera would only be, like, 8 feet above the court if they put it on that side.

Comment

Comment

A stage.

(That's why it's called Rice Auditorium.)

Last edited by MrAugustana; 08-09-2019, 08:26 PM. Reason: pasted the link wrong the first time

Comment

One thing I'll credit Wayne for is their branding outside of the gym. This is one area some schools don't pay attention to but can really make a difference..

Comment

https://twitter.com/MSUBeavers/statu...943872/photo/1

Comment

Just about done.

https://twitter.com/Minotstateu/stat...55629231661056

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X