Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayyyy Too Early 2019-20 NSIC Predictions

It's summer and things are kind of slow around here so I figured it's about time to start a "so early it's pointless to even be having this conversation" thread to liven things up.

So...what do people think will happen in the NSIC this year? Who will be the darkhorses? Will Wayne still have the firepower to get so close but ultimately be bumped out of the Regional at the last second by an undeserving Mankato squad? Will the Mavs have enough cohesion amongst transfers to make another playoff appearance (the answer to that, unfortunately, is probably yes). Will the heralded Dragonlings--which is my newly coined term for a baby dragon--jump from future up-and-comers to regional contenders? Will the Vikings be able to keep up with those young dragons? Will Saul Phillips come in and carry on Northern's recent success with minimal drop-off? Are Minot's arena renovations the key to getting them over the hump? Will USF ever make a regional?

So many questions for the upcoming season, and sooooo much time to discuss them before the season starts in 3.5 months...

Comment

Re: Wayyyy Too Early 2019-20 NSIC Predictions

As of right now I see the NSIC in three tiers.

Tier 1 - Regional Contenders
      Northern
      Augie
      Mankato
      Duluth
      Moorhead

Tier 2 - Middle of the Pack
      Wayne
      Winona
      SMSU
      USF
      St. Cloud
      Crookston

Tier 3 - Bottom Feeders
      Bemidji
      Mary
      Minot
      Concordia
      Upper Iowa

I think the tier 1 teams should all be pretty good and have a very good chance to go to Maryville MO for the regional next March. The tier 2 teams could finish in any order and it would not surprise me. I don't think they will have enough firepower for a regional run, but should be competitive all season. The bottom 5 could have someone surprise and be decent, but I really don't expect a lot from them.

Comment

Mankato has already reserved hotel rooms in Maryville as we all know they get the second NSIC auto bid every year.

Comment

I wil continue to be a bit down on the chances of my Warriors for next year, but the more I look at the squad, I do feel a bit of excitement. With the core of Taylor, Wagner, and Whitelow, this WSU team should be good. But there are questions marks after that top 3. Is Connor Flack back? If so, he could be a key piece for this team. He's the glue guy. Experience in the system and will be just a solid all-around player. After that, it's more questions. Do some of the young guys take a step forward? Do the transfers mix well? If things go well, the team could challenge for the regional. If not....

Comment

I think the MIAA will be interesting this year. I think NWMS and Missouri Southern are the two favorites heading into next year. Mo. Southern will be loaded with all 5 starters returning. NWMS will be very good again with 4 returning starters but Witthus is a huge loss. They have to favored because of last year but Mo. Southern probably has more back then the Bearcats. After that, it is kind of a "crapshoot". Mo. West will be much improved, Emporia State will be improved and Washburn has a decent nucleus returning as does Northeastern State. Lincoln, Fort Hays and UCO lost a lot but Fort Hays has some good transfers coming in. We don't know the affect of Rogers State and Newman but both had good years last year and Rogers has 3 D-I transfers coming in. Kearney is rebuilding and Pitt State and UCM have brought in a bunch of new transfers so not sure how they will be. If I followed the same format: Tier 1-Regional contenders--NWMS, Mo. Southern, Washburn Tier 2-Middle of the Pack--Northeastern St., Fort Hays, Rogers State, Pitt State and UCM, Emporia St and Mo. West Tier 3--bottom feeders--Lincoln, UCO, Newman and Kearney.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
              I think the MIAA will be interesting this year. I think NWMS and Missouri Southern are the two favorites heading into next year. Mo. Southern will be loaded with all 5 starters returning. NWMS will be very good again with 4 returning starters but Witthus is a huge loss. They have to favored because of last year but Mo. Southern probably has more back then the Bearcats. After that, it is kind of a "crapshoot". Mo. West will be much improved, Emporia State will be improved and Washburn has a decent nucleus returning as does Northeastern State. Lincoln, Fort Hays and UCO lost a lot but Fort Hays has some good transfers coming in. We don't know the affect of Rogers State and Newman but both had good years last year and Rogers has 3 D-I transfers coming in. Kearney is rebuilding and Pitt State and UCM have brought in a bunch of new transfers so not sure how they will be. If I followed the same format: Tier 1-Regional contenders--NWMS, Mo. Southern, Washburn Tier 2-Middle of the Pack--Northeastern St., Fort Hays, Rogers State, Pitt State and UCM, Emporia St and Mo. West Tier 3--bottom feeders--Lincoln, UCO, Newman and Kearney.
              *See thread title...

Comment

Too lazy to create another thread title. Just thought I would piggy back on the great NSIC!

Comment

Wayne should be fairly solid, but will surely take a step or two back from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                    Too lazy to create another thread title. Just thought I would piggy back on the great NSIC!
                    I just figured it was an editorial comment about the NSIC's relevance in the region. :)

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                      I just figured it was an editorial comment about the NSIC's relevance in the region. :)
                      That's what I thought too. He was letting the NSIC guys know which MIAA teams they would see and lose to in the regional. :)
                      Last edited by mosofan1; 06-27-2019, 03:50 PM. Reason: Left off

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                        I wil continue to be a bit down on the chances of my Warriors for next year, but the more I look at the squad, I do feel a bit of excitement. With the core of Taylor, Wagner, and Whitelow, this WSU team should be good. But there are questions marks after that top 3. Is Connor Flack back? If so, he could be a key piece for this team. He's the glue guy. Experience in the system and will be just a solid all-around player. After that, it's more questions. Do some of the young guys take a step forward? Do the transfers mix well? If things go well, the team could challenge for the regional. If not....

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                          *See thread title...
                          Where is your early season prediction?

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                            Where is your early season prediction?
                            Is it a requirement?

Comment