Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-22 SMSU Mustangs: The Chase Continues

I see the schedule and roster have been updated for the season. Nonconference weekend getaways to St. Paul and Kenosha. Hosting CSP and The Rifleman for "Tropical Night" (still dumb).

Comment

Get those guys into the weight room, now!

Comment

They look more like cross country runners, put some meat on those bones.

Comment

Talk about puny, they look like 9th graders waiting for the school bus.

Comment

All kidding aside, if these guys are good, then I would take them over the players that Central Missouri has put on the court the last few years. We'll also take the Mustang's coach. Never too early to start digging on UCM coach K.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
              All kidding aside, if these guys are good, then I would take them over the players that Central Missouri has put on the court the last few years. We'll also take the Mustang's coach. Never too early to start digging on UCM coach K.
              They have a ton of potential! A couple should play right away, but three will probably sit this year.

Comment

Excited to see Kenny Byers back on the roster this season. They really missed him last year.

Crazy how young the Mustangs still are. Only two returning players are seniors or juniors, Byers (Sr.) and Kramer (Jr.). There are 11 players who are either freshmen or redshirt freshmen. I know that's partly COVID-related with the free year of eligibility, but that's still a crazy number.

Comment

This is a fabulous interview with SMSU women's basketball coach Tom Webb, even though they really don't touch much on basketball. It's also available in podcast form on most platforms.

Comment

I was kind of hoping to book a plane ticket to San Jose this year, if I'm being honest. I shouldn't be so greedy though, and hey - at least basketball is back for a full schedule!

Comment

Comment

Just saw this on Twitter. Local gal (Stewart) who blew out her knee last spring and will miss her junior season signed early with Southwest. Nice kid, really had some hops. Smart, gets good grades.

Comment

really like the new guys we have brought in. Some will play, some will redshirt, buty man the talent is there. !

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                            really like the new guys we have brought in. Some will play, some will redshirt, buty man the talent is there. !
                            I'd expect most to redshirt. I love this class too, might be my favorite group we've brought in!

Comment

Top 4 in the South - top 7 in the league. I think the Mustangs will suprise

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X