Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to have hoops back ! The Winona / Upper Iowa weekend is always a fun one. 2 great games and rivals

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
      Happy to have hoops back ! The Winona / Upper Iowa weekend is always a fun one. 2 great games and rivals
      The Winona game should be a good one! I'm not expecting much against Upper Iowa, but maybe they'll surprise me...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

The Winona game should be a good one! I'm not expecting much against Upper Iowa, but maybe they'll surprise me...
        Both will be good games. I hadn't realized Winona's best player went to Valpo until I saw it here on the board. He was a stud.

The Upper Iowa games are always close and fun. Hopefully they aren't lights out shooting because if they are, they are a tough team for anyone to beat

Comment

interesting weekend,. Great win vs Winona. What a 2nd half.

Upper Iowa, just couldn't get over the hump let them make too many 3s and we had untimely missed layups or turnovers. battled for sure.

Comment

We've now played everyone in the South once, finishing 4-3. That's a pretty solid start, the South is no joke!

Comment

Saw on twitter today that Phipps is one of only 3 Mustangs in the past decade with multiple player of the week honors in his career, joining Bruggeman (duh) and Kirk. Phipps is only a sophomore.

I think he's going to end up being one of the all-timers in the Brown & Gold. He's so good and better yet so fun to watch!

Comment

great weekend for the Mustangs. Must win for both schools vs USF on January 2. gonna be a wild ride

Comment

not a fan of men's games first

Comment

not a fan of men's games first
                    It's gotta be demoralizing...women started in 24-4 hole today. Wonder how much the fans leaving was a factor

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

It's gotta be demoralizing...women started in 24-4 hole today. Wonder how much the fans leaving was a factor
                      Might be. It is a solution in search of a problem. It was better when the women played first, crowd was smaller when the game started but filled up in the second half. Now, half or more of the crowd leaves and the atmosphere is sucked out of the gym.

If the NSIC had any sense for its fans (unlikely) they would ask each school to do a poll on what people think about the change.

They won't do it because - one - making the change shows they really don't care what fans think, and - two- they won't like what they hear which will interrupt their woke agenda.

All they did was piss of people like me who supported both teams already. so short sighted.

Comment

Might be. It is a solution in search of a problem. It was better when the women played first, crowd was smaller when the game started but filled up in the second half. Now, half or more of the crowd leaves and the atmosphere is sucked out of the gym.

If the NSIC had any sense for its fans (unlikely) they would ask each school to do a poll on what people think about the change.

They won't do it because - one - making the change shows they really don't care what fans think, and - two- they won't like what they hear which will interrupt their woke agenda.

All they did was piss of people like me who supported both teams already. so short sighted.
                        I believe this decision was put to a vote of the schools and only Northern and Augie voted against the current scheduling format.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I believe this decision was put to a vote of the schools and only Northern and Augie voted against the current scheduling format.
                          My undestanding is the SMSU coches were not in favor of this. Not sure how SMSU voted.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Any idea if the presidents voted ? or was it AD's?

Comment

I used to work UND women's camps. They were the queens of D2 back then and they HATED playing last. It was discouraging to have a big crowd disappear. When they played first, their crowd was the biggest near the end of the game when they needed them. It is embarrassing to see this happen. Stick with what works, not with what sucks.

And I go to both games so I don't want to hear one word about sexism.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I used to work UND women's camps. They were the queens of D2 back then and they HATED playing last. It was discouraging to have a big crowd disappear. When they played first, their crowd was the biggest near the end of the game when they needed them. It is embarrassing to see this happen. Stick with what works, not with what sucks.

And I go to both games so I don't want to hear one word about sexism.
                                Give it time. Once the ladies' rosters are filled with dudes it won't matter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X