Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I kinda have a hunch that crowds dwindle a bit the further in the season we get. I know I'm a little exhausted with winter sports.

My grandpa wanted to go to a college basketball game, so I invited him. He was impressed with the team.
    I'm impressed with SW against Augustana tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Yeah, sounded that way. I was thinking it was going to be a blowout.

Comment

they played hard. They have done better than predicted and the future is bright. Would be great to see them get another shot at Augie in the NSIC tournament but have a very tough game up in the Magic City first

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

they played hard. They have done better than predicted and the future is bright. Would be great to see them get another shot at Augie in the NSIC tournament but have a very tough game up in the Magic City first
          Mustangs have much youth Augie has 4 super seniors, Next season the Vikings will be young and SMSU will be seasoned. The beauty of college sports is each season is anew with different dynamics.

Comment

Mustangs have much youth Augie has 4 super seniors, Next season the Vikings will be young and SMSU will be seasoned. The beauty of college sports is each season is anew with different dynamics.
            We should be seasoned, but with upside. Kenny and Grant will be missed for sure, but I'm excited about the guys redshirting. Grant has been out of position at PF, but a couple redshirts from the Sioux City area should help there. Plus, I've heard good things about the kid from Byron, who plays the PG position which has been inconsistent at times this year.

Comment

On the topic of our seniors, I believe Kenny Byers may go down as one of the most underrated Mustangs ever.

12th in scoring (1,276 points)
              15th in rebounding (555 rebounds)
              14th in assists (234 assists)
              21st in steals (111 steals)

Few other Mustangs have had that kind of statistical versatility. In fact, only 2 other Mustangs have recorded a career 1,200/500/200/100:
              Mike Tobin, 1982-86 (1,600/717/271/118) and
              Jordan Miller, 2009-13 (1,563/512/321/112)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                On the topic of our seniors, I believe Kenny Byers may go down as one of the most underrated Mustangs ever.

12th in scoring (1,276 points)
                15th in rebounding (555 rebounds)
                14th in assists (234 assists)
                21st in steals (111 steals)

Few other Mustangs have had that kind of statistical versatility. In fact, only 2 other Mustangs have recorded a career 1,200/500/200/100:
                Mike Tobin, 1982-86 (1,600/717/271/118) and
                Jordan Miller, 2009-13 (1,563/512/321/112)
                Kenny is unerappreciated partially because of Covid. That gap was weird. He was an important role player on the team as a freshman and sophomore as they went to the NSIC title games. Has had a good senior year too.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Kenny is underappreciated partially because of Covid. That gap was weird. He was an important role player on the team as a freshman and sophomore as they went to the NSIC title games. Has had a good senior year too.
                  Good point. I also wonder if the rough 2019-20 as a team hurt his overall profile. Coming off the Bruggeman years, attendance dropped by almost 300 in 2019-20 as the team struggled to win games. I'm glad to see the numbers this year almost back to where they were.

Comment

Jonte Flowers coming to Mustang home games this fall

https://twitter.com/SMSUMustangs/sta...F9lVK1WMg&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                      Jonte Flowers coming to Mustang home games this fall

https://twitter.com/SMSUMustangs/sta...F9lVK1WMg&s=19
                      Does he have any eligibility left?

Comment

She needs to immediately fire Bigler and hire quincy henderson and get him out of the possibility of getting the SCSU job.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X