Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC 2021-2022

For those of you that hoped last year was an anomaly with COVID, looking like this year may be similar. Unvaccinated players will need to go through testing, contract tracing and quarantine (even without symptoms). Obviously has chance and/or likelihood to affect teams again this season.

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    For those of you that hoped last year was an anomaly with COVID, looking like this year may be similar. Unvaccinated players will need to go through testing, contract tracing and quarantine (even without symptoms). Obviously has chance and/or likelihood to affect teams again this season.
    There's a simple solution to this problem...

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

There's a simple solution to this problem...

Comment

The solution is simple. Whether someone chooses that solution may not be simple for them but the solution itself is very simple.

This only applies to unvaccinated players.

96% of doctors in the US are vaccinated.

Most of Congress is vaccinated and all governors are vaccinated. Seems like politicians have found another topic to divide citizens but look at their actions, not their words.

Comment

Last edited by Moorhead123; 08-31-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Can we please get back to basketball? Thank you Moorhead123 for starting this and shame on you NWHoops for hijacking the thread.

Comment

Well, I taught history for a number of years so I am very familiar. Even many of the politicians saying it's individual's choice are doing it. They're not professing it because for many it could hurt their support base but they are still getting it. No matter your argument, anyone can find data (whether accurate or not) to substantiate their claims. Everyone gets to make their personal choice but be cautious of where you get your information. The language you use very clearly shows the bias of where you receive your news.

My experience- I know a handful of people who have died from COVID, some family members. I don't know a single person with an adverse reaction to the shot. Do they exist? Sure, but in much smaller numbers than those who have contracted COVID.

As I was saying, there is a simple solution to this. What do you propose they do? Not contact trace or test unvaccinated players and just let them do as they please?

Comment

I see that Ouachita Baptist and Harding are coming to Halenbeck Nov 12-13. Minot will be the fourth team and will not play SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                  Can we please get back to basketball? Thank you Moorhead123 for starting this and shame on you NWHoops for hijacking the thread.
                  I have no shame. Call it a hijack if you want. Back to basketball- teams can avoid these issues this year with a simple and widely available solution.

Comment

This^^

I am vaccinated and I don't judge anyone, especially a kid, who makes the decision to not take the shot. That is their choice to make. There are new studies that show natural immunity from actually having Covid is far more effective than the vaccine against the Delta variant, so it's hard to say there is a definitive right answer when it comes to how an individual views the vaccine.

If we're only talking about missing/forfeiting ballgames, if its that black and white, then I guess the solution is simple because of the rules they have put in place. I don't think its that black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                      My apologies... I had already started typing. I'll get out of here now.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Well, I taught history for a number of years so I am very familiar. Even many of the politicians saying it's individual's choice are doing it. They're not professing it because for many it could hurt their support base but they are still getting it. No matter your argument, anyone can find data (whether accurate or not) to substantiate their claims. Everyone gets to make their personal choice but be cautious of where you get your information. The language you use very clearly shows the bias of where you receive your news.

My experience- I know a handful of people who have died from COVID, some family members. I don't know a single person with an adverse reaction to the shot. Do they exist? Sure, but in much smaller numbers than those who have contracted COVID.

As I was saying, there is a simple solution to this. What do you propose they do? Not contact trace or test unvaccinated players and just let them do as they please?
                        Good luck fact checking my first paragraph and finding one fact that is not accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Good luck fact checking my first paragraph and finding one fact that is not accurate.
                          Here's just one fact check. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours so on with basketball.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21DB

Comment

Even more controversial than COVID and its various vaccines...

MSU has 9 FR / 4 SO / 2 JR on the roster. COVID has caused some strange things to happen, but that?? WTF??? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                              Even more controversial than COVID and its various vaccines...

MSU has 9 FR / 4 SO / 2 JR on the roster. COVID has caused some strange things to happen, but that?? WTF??? :)
                              Zero seniors? Wow!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X