X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

Zero seniors? Wow!

Comment

That was going to be my question- how many transfers? :)

Not sure if everyone is a transfer at some point but it will be the exception to the rule of a team doesn't have a transfer moving forward. Wonder how that will impact Mankato in short term since they've relied heavily on the transfer market. Now everyone is competing in there.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Here's just one fact check. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours so on with basketball.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21DB

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

That was going to be my question- how many transfers? :)

Not sure if everyone is a transfer at some point but it will be the exception to the rule of a team doesn't have a transfer moving forward. Wonder how that will impact Mankato in short term since they've relied heavily on the transfer market. Now everyone is competing in there.
          Just one new one (Hopkins) but 3 total (Kramer & Thedford)

Comment

Moorhead opening season part of D2 Tip-off Classic in Canyon, Texas. 3 games against West Texas, Daemen and Colorado Mesa. Assuming Moorhead will be preseason national top 25 ranked to take part in the Tip-off Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
              Moorhead opening season part of D2 Tip-off Classic in Canyon, Texas. 3 games against West Texas, Daemen and Colorado Mesa. Assuming Moorhead will be preseason national top 25 ranked to take part in the Tip-off Classic.
              That is interesting. Much preferable to playing D3 or NAIA teams in the preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                Even more controversial than COVID and its various vaccines...

MSU has 9 FR / 4 SO / 2 JR on the roster. COVID has caused some strange things to happen, but that?? WTF??? :)
                SMSU's split is 11/3/2/1. Had Kenny Byers not sat out last year, they too would've been without a senior.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  I see that Ouachita Baptist and Harding are coming to Halenbeck Nov 12-13. Minot will be the fourth team and will not play SCSU.
                  SMSU's two tournaments are at CSP Nov. 12-13 against Rogers State (OK) and Newman (KS), plus a trip to Kenosha against Parkside (WI) and Davenport (MI), with UIU also there.

Comment

It's possible the few/no seniors thing will become a trend in D2 thanks to the transfer portal. I think we'll see more and more juniors/seniors getting poached by low D1s like Summit League schools (and the occasional mid-major/P5).

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      It's possible the few/no seniors thing will become a trend in D2 thanks to the transfer portal. I think we'll see more and more juniors/seniors getting poached by low D1s like Summit League schools (and the occasional mid-major/P5).
                      I really hope not, but D2 could basically be a glorified JUCO situation. Like you said, the upperclassman that are good can/could get sniped but all sorts of D1s. Nice to get a guy with 2-3 years experience producing to fill immediate roster gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I really hope not, but D2 could basically be a glorified JUCO situation. Like you said, the upperclassman that are good can/could get sniped but all sorts of D1s. Nice to get a guy with 2-3 years experience producing to fill immediate roster gaps.

Comment

So I am new to the conference but did last season count as a season? [as eligibility goes] I thought not. I would have thought this would mean lots of 5th and/or 6th year seniors [and grad transfers]. Lots of other schools lack seniors?

Comment

Originally posted by New Beaver View Post
                            So I am new to the conference but did last season count as a season? [as eligibility goes] I thought not. I would have thought this would mean lots of 5th and/or 6th year seniors [and grad transfers]. Lots of other schools lack seniors?
                            Augie has 7 seniors (6 who play significant minutes), 2 juniors, and a bunch of freshmen and a redshirt freshman. No true or redshirt sophomores, which is weird in its own way.

Comment

The NCAA did not consider 2020-21 as a countable year for eligibility. The 4 seasons in 5 years clock stopped.

Still, the decision was left up to the players. For example, at SMSU Weston Baker Magrath and Nick Dufault played last year and moved on, while on the women's side most of their senior group from last year is back again.

Comment

Last year was basically a redshirt for everyone. For some programs, like NSU, this allowed players to transfer out and still have an extra year of eligibility at their new school. But, any new transfers in do as well. Figuring out exactly how many years any player has left is going to be confusing for the next few seasons. Some players may decide to not take the COVID year if they already redshirted for a season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X