Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New Beaver View Post
    So I am new to the conference but did last season count as a season? [as eligibility goes] I thought not. I would have thought this would mean lots of 5th and/or 6th year seniors [and grad transfers]. Lots of other schools lack seniors?

Comment

Comment

I really do think Moorhead will probably be the favorite in the NSIC this year. NSU will be good, but there is a lot to replace from last year's team. In my opinion, if Moorhead is going to keep improving they need Baumgartner to make a leap. He is by far the most talented player they have. I get the "team" aspect that the Dragons seem to strive for (very similar to the 2018 Wolves), however when the offense stalls he needs to be the one taking shots. Ian Smith was that player in 2018 for NSU and he was the one that took over during the run to the championship game. Last year, any time someone not name Baumgartner took a shot it was a win for the NSU defense. He is an All-American type talent and I don't even think he made All-Conference last year because he deferred too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
          I really do think Moorhead will probably be the favorite in the NSIC this year. NSU will be good, but there is a lot to replace from last year's team. In my opinion, if Moorhead is going to keep improving they need Baumgartner to make a leap. He is by far the most talented player they have. I get the "team" aspect that the Dragons seem to strive for (very similar to the 2018 Wolves), however when the offense stalls he needs to be the one taking shots. Ian Smith was that player in 2018 for NSU and he was the one that took over during the run to the championship game. Last year, any time someone not name Baumgartner took a shot it was a win for the NSU defense. He is an All-American type talent and I don't even think he made All-Conference last year because he deferred too much.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
              Moorhead should be good. Wayne returns everyone who played a meaningful minute from last year's young squad, and added two freshmen with high potential. Anything less than another regional appearance would be a big disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post

Moorhead should be good. Wayne returns everyone who played a meaningful minute from last year's young squad, and added two freshmen with high potential. Anything less than another regional appearance would be a big disappointment.
                Nobody will be overlooking Wayne this season. They certainly have enough talent to be top team in conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Nobody will be overlooking Wayne this season. They certainly have enough talent to be top team in conference.
                  Wayne St. are still a young team with only Janssen a senior. Head Coach Kaminsky stresses defense and it has payed off. Great hire in Kaminsky by your athletic director.

Vikings have a strong recruiting class coming in, there will most likely be growing pains this season, but should pay dividends in the future. Also, great hire by HC Billeter in Assistant coach Cody, "Spice" Schilling.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Wayne St. are still a young team with only Janssen a senior. Head Coach Kaminsky stresses defense and it has payed off. Great hire in Kaminsky by your athletic director.

Vikings have a strong recruiting class coming in, there will most likely be growing pains this season, but should pay dividends in the future. Also, great hire by HC Billeter in Assistant coach Cody, "Spice" Schilling.
                    This teacher gives you an "A" for that!

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Is it possibly a bit of rebuilding year for both Augie and NSU?

Comment

Perhaps the two hoops experts for AU will give their more qualified opinions.

Comment

I would expect all of the incoming guys at Southwest to redshirt. That's the norm anyways. It'll be interesting. No team played fewer games than the 11 played by the Mustangs last year. On top of that, only three players on the roster played in all 11 games. Only one of the three remains at SMSU though in Phipps. Mustangs had 11 different players start a game in 2020-21. Most of the scoring punch lost will be made up by the return of Kenny Byers. This should be a huge addition. We brought in an NAIA transfer who put up 14/7 at Dakota State two years ago. Phipps will be back and should still be pretty good. Kramer is solid as a glue guy, as is McCray. Behind those five is a lot of youth.....as in, there is only one other non-freshman on the roster after those five.

Comment

I don't know what to expect this year. Several new faces in the guard positions, which will be significant.

I'm honestly a little jaded with college athletics right now thanks to the transfer portal. What even is a "rebuilding year" anymore? If these young guys are good or show promise, I'm just hoping they stick around longer than a year or two. But if your building materials move on to other projects before you finish your own, there's not much building you can do.

I'd love to think we'll be toward the top of the conference this year, but a lot of that will depend on a number of yet-untested guards, which can be tough.

Comment

Augie has 8 seniors, so I wouldn't necessarily call it a rebuilding year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                                Augie has 8 seniors, so I wouldn't necessarily call it a rebuilding year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X