Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping we could make it to at least November before someone weaponized this narrative against us.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Is it possibly a bit of rebuilding year for both Augie and NSU?
      Everyone knows what the entire starting lineup can do; win 60ish % of their games, have an offense that stalls out for stretches because they don't have anyone who can beat their man off the dribble, and lose in absolutely maddening fashion in the conference tourney. If either of the Brits or Bennett Otto can help breathe some life into the offense without being total catastrophes on defense this extremely old team could be a threat to the Moorhead team they swept last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Everyone knows what the entire starting lineup can do; win 60ish % of their games, have an offense that stalls out for stretches because they don't have anyone who can beat their man off the dribble, and lose in absolutely maddening fashion in the conference tourney. If either of the Brits or Bennett Otto can help breathe some life into the offense without being total catastrophes on defense this extremely old team could be a threat to the Moorhead team they swept last year.

Comment

Comment

Perhaps this is the right time to point out that in NSIC double headers at the Pentagon the Augie men will play first and the women second. Sources have yet to confirm if Adam requested this change.

Comment

Perhaps this is the right time to point out that in NSIC double headers at the Pentagon the Augie men will play first and the women second. Sources have yet to confirm if Adam requested this change.
              That is certainly going to be an interesting experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

That is certainly going to be an interesting experiment.

Comment

I remember an experiment from many years ago when the UND men played first at Otto Arena. Huge crowd. Then it emptied out for the women's game. I talked to the UND about it. They hated it. If they had a close game the crowd would keep growing when they played first. When they played second it was depressing to see most people leave.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I remember an experiment from many years ago when the UND men played first at Otto Arena. Huge crowd. Then it emptied out for the women's game. I talked to the UND about it. They hated it. If they had a close game the crowd would keep growing when they played first. When they played second it was depressing to see most people leave.
                    It made a little bit of sense when UND was a nationally relevant women's program in D2 and the men were middling.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

It made a little bit of sense when UND was a nationally relevant women's program in D2 and the men were middling.
                      Yes- back when they were playing ping- pong with NDSU to see who the national champs would be in D2 women's basketball- and they still hated it!

Comment

Lo Biondo left to play overseas somewhere (at least that's what I remember reading a few months back). The WSU team will have some talent but they are going to play small ball all year or they are going to play some young guys up front. There is only one upperclassman who is above 6'4 on the whole roster. Barring a late transfer, that's a small, young team up front.

Comment

Hankering for the Regional tourney experience. Host team plays the everybody leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Lo Biondo left to play overseas somewhere (at least that's what I remember reading a few months back). The WSU team will have some talent but they are going to play small ball all year or they are going to play some young guys up front. There is only one upperclassman who is above 6'4 on the whole roster. Barring a late transfer, that's a small, young team up front.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

That was going to be my question- how many transfers? :)

Not sure if everyone is a transfer at some point but it will be the exception to the rule of a team doesn't have a transfer moving forward. Wonder how that will impact Mankato in short term since they've relied heavily on the transfer market. Now everyone is competing in there.
                              When Augie won the NC in 2016 they had zero transfers on the roster. I would be really surprised to see that happen again in the future.

Comment

Not much has been said on here about it, most of the talk was about the men playing the early game and the women the late for the first part of the year, but how about the Thursday night games experiment. First week of the season is Thursday/Saturday, and then the last week once again is Thursday/Saturday. Interested to see how that works out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X