Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think this has been brought up yet, but only 12 teams will qualify for the NSIC Tournament this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      I don't think this has been brought up yet, but only 12 teams will qualify for the NSIC Tournament this year.

Had not heard that....why the change?

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Had not heard that....why the change?
        If I had two guesses, my guesses would be:

1) Precautionary for Covid possibilities.

2) Prevents teams high in the Regional Rankings from dropping down due to having to play a last-place or 2nd-to-last-place team that kills their SOS or whatever gets counted in the Regional Rankings.

That being said, anyone on here who actually knows the answer is welcome to chime in.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

If I had two guesses, my guesses would be:

1) Precautionary for Covid possibilities.

2) Prevents teams high in the Regional Rankings from dropping down due to having to play a last-place or 2nd-to-last-place team that kills their SOS or whatever gets counted in the Regional Rankings.

That being said, anyone on here who actually knows the answer is welcome to chime in.
          #2 makes a lot of sense

Comment

• Comment

• Substitute "virtually" with "completely"

Comment

• Moorhead loses to Daemen 67-63. Tough lose as that was a very winnable game for Msum. Moorhead out rebounds Daemen by significant margin and gets 20 more shot attempts but only goes 5-29 from three point range. Hopefully dragons able to get some shots to fall tomorrow against solid west Texas am team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                  Moorhead loses to Daemen 67-63. Tough lose as that was a very winnable game for Msum. Moorhead out rebounds Daemen by significant margin and gets 20 more shot attempts but only goes 5-29 from three point range. Hopefully dragons able to get some shots to fall tomorrow against solid west Texas am team.
                  Tough schedule for the Dragons to open the season. A team receiving preseason top 25 votes, the preseason #3 team in the country, and the preseason #5 in the country all in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                    I don't think this has been brought up yet, but only 12 teams will qualify for the NSIC Tournament this year.
                    Why don't they just speed up the whole process and go to 8? Either do that or stay at 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Why don't they just speed up the whole process and go to 8? Either do that or stay at 16.
                      My guess is to keep the 4 rounds in order to maximize whatever media opportunities they can and also give deserving teams a shot. Also, asMrAugustana alluded to, eliminating a first round game against a 3-25 team and killing SOS for regional rankings.

Comment

• Comment

• UIU drops a 76-61 decision to Creighton in an exhibition. UIU started out very hot from 3pt land and was up by 8 I believe with about 8 mins left in first half, but Jays closed out half on a 23-2 run. UIU played well - made Creighton work hard and for a good part of first half looked really, really good. Creighton's size and depth in the end took over, but overall pretty pleased in what I saw tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                            UIU drops a 76-61 decision to Creighton in an exhibition. UIU started out very hot from 3pt land and was up by 8 I believe with about 8 mins left in first half, but Jays closed out half on a 23-2 run. UIU played well - made Creighton work hard and for a good part of first half looked really, really good. Creighton's size and depth in the end took over, but overall pretty pleased in what I saw tonight!
                            Former NWMSU Bearcat Ryan Hawkins started and led all Creighton scorers with 15 points on 6-11 shooting, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 block.

Comment

• Comment

• Moorhead was 5-29 and 9-28 from 3 in its first two games, don't worry Scorch it gets better.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X