Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    The Wayne offense has rarely been a thing of beauty but when you have the personnel to guard Janssen one on one most of the time it stifles a lot of what they try to do. Riemersma, Dykman, and Tiedman all had successful stints yesterday. Jordan loves to deal or initiate from the elbow but the size of Augie makes that difficult. Obviously this was greatly assisted by Eagins having an off game after he hit several big shots in the game at Wayne.

On the flip side I continue to have concerns about the sustainsustainability of Augie's offense given the volume of contested two pointers they attempt but they keep winning so I'll just continue to be pleasantly surprised.
    Agree completely that Augie is a particularly difficult matchup because of their frontcourt's ability to defend. Playing through Janssen has long been Wayne's strength as he is the rare dual threat dish or shoot post player, easily leading the team in assists last year. Problem is that it hasn't just been Augie stopping the WSC offense.

We aren't cutting as well, and aren't finding open cutters. Part of that is that it seems that officials aren't allowing as much free movement off the ball as in the past (a lot of games have been of the "grab and hack" variety this year, though I wouldn't characterize the Augie game that way). Perusing the stats, last year's team averaged over 15 assists per game. This year we are under 10. Shooting percentages are down significantly as we are taking more difficult, self-created shots. I'm hopeful that this is fixable for a pretty experienced team, but I don't pretend to have the answers as to how to execute this.

Comment

• Looks like the Moorhead women and Minot men are not playing this weekend due to COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        Looks like the Moorhead women and Minot men are not playing this weekend due to COVID.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I have no authority and so this is just a simple request at most.

Can you please take this to the Covid doomsday thread, or whatever it was called, located in the other topics? I looked awhile back and it was not only depressing but made me worried for the poster so I haven't been back and I don't know if it is still active

It's been like two years, we all have our own opinions due to mindful soul searching, listening to left or right news or because you know someone who is a doctor, or knows one. I can't "tell" you where to post but certainly you could have wonderful banter about the topic in its own thread.

Comment

• Last edited by Moorhead123; 01-06-2022, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• My grandmother was born in Gibraltar in the 1920s. Her father was a Tug master and that led to them spending a year in Hong Kong when she was eight. While there she contracted polio. If we are going to keep it going, just thought I'd add some ironically fitting tidbits. Also, never knew Gibraltar was considered a country until today. Now I'm going to go look at maps for the next hour, ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    never knew Gibraltar was considered a country until today. Now I'm going to go look at maps for the next hour, ha.
                    You are correct, it is not. It is a British overseas territory.

Gibraltar - Wikipedia

Is Gibraltar A Country? - WorldAtlas
                    Last edited by laker; 01-07-2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

You are correct, it is not. It is a British overseas territory.

Gibraltar - Wikipedia
                      I found info that said it is the 3rd smallest country. Time for another thread.....haha

Comment

• [QUOTE=NSU4LIFE;n644382]

I found info that said it is the 3rd smallest country. Time for another thread.....haha[/QUOT

One of the last vestiges of the once mighty British empire. Keep a stiff upper lip chap

Comment

• Thanks for this post. It shows me everything I need to know about your line of thinking and don't need to waste any more of my time with you in this discussion (which was my intention for the last four months or so until you brought it back up again).

Back to basketball for me.

Comment

• I am indifferent on the vaccines. I am vaccinated but I don't like mandates. I also don't listen to politicians so here is my two cents. I have a friend that is a Doctor of Pulmonology. He is currently practicing. He is also very conservative with his political beliefs. He works with Covid everyday. He says that vaccines don't keep you from getting Covid. Here is what got my attention. He says if you are vaccinated the worst thing that can happen to you is that you get sick and you spend two to five days in the hospital and with everything they have found out about Covid they can treat you and get you well pretty quick. However, he says that the unvaccinated get the sickest and that he has never seen a vaccinated person have to go on a ventilator. His belief is that the vaccine keeps you from getting as sick. So in summary, I listen to experts like doctors. I am back to basketball as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                              I am indifferent on the vaccines. I am vaccinated but I don't like mandates. I also don't listen to politicians so here is my two cents. I have a friend that is a Doctor of Pulmonology. He is currently practicing. He is also very conservative with his political beliefs. He works with Covid everyday. He says that vaccines don't keep you from getting Covid. Here is what got my attention. He says if you are vaccinated the worst thing that can happen to you is that you get sick and you spend two to five days in the hospital and with everything they have found out about Covid they can treat you and get you well pretty quick. However, he says that the unvaccinated get the sickest and that he has never seen a vaccinated person have to go on a ventilator. His belief is that the vaccine keeps you from getting as sick. So in summary, I listen to experts like doctors. I am back to basketball as well.
                              Last edited by Moorhead123; 01-07-2022, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=vikingfaithful;n644397]
                                Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I found info that said it is the 3rd smallest country. Time for another thread.....haha[/QUOT

One of the last vestiges of the once mighty British empire. Keep a stiff upper lip chap
                                This thread has been brought to you by Prudential.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X