replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Double NO
    Triple NO.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

Oh please, on the day of their ring presentations at night, I'm sure that they will spend the afternoon getting sized for their 2021-2022 championship rings. As well they should. Just because 2 other teams in the region may be better than most of the rest of the country doesn't mean squat. NW is playing chess, while the rest of us are playing checkers. And some of us, my club included. are playing tiddly-winks.
    I'd probably feel that way too if Hawkins was back. I think without him in the fold they are still the favorite but not a "no doubt, size up their 21-22 championship rings" favorite.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    Absolutely they can. The national championship game was in Wachs Arena last year. Washburn and NSU were way better opponents than anything seen at the Elite 8.
    Oh please, on the day of their ring presentations at night, I'm sure that they will spend the afternoon getting sized for their 2021-2022 championship rings. As well they should. Just because 2 other teams in the region may be better than most of the rest of the country doesn't mean squat. NW is playing chess, while the rest of us are playing checkers. And some of us, my club included. are playing tiddly-winks.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Absolutely they can. The national championship game was in Wachs Arena last year. Washburn and NSU were way better opponents than anything seen at the Elite 8.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Double NO

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Can anyone in country ultimately compete with Northwest Missouri...
    No

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Friendly reminder that basketball season officially opened yesterday. Maybe the NSIC will be as ridiculous on the basketball side as it has been on the football side this year.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Friendly reminder that basketball season officially opened yesterday. Maybe the NSIC will be as ridiculous on the basketball side as it has been on the football side this year.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Not much has been said on here about it, most of the talk was about the men playing the early game and the women the late for the first part of the year, but how about the Thursday night games experiment. First week of the season is Thursday/Saturday, and then the last week once again is Thursday/Saturday. Interested to see how that works out.
    By GAAWWWDDD that's the NCC's music!!!!

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Not much has been said on here about it, most of the talk was about the men playing the early game and the women the late for the first part of the year, but how about the Thursday night games experiment. First week of the season is Thursday/Saturday, and then the last week once again is Thursday/Saturday. Interested to see how that works out.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

That was going to be my question- how many transfers? :)

Not sure if everyone is a transfer at some point but it will be the exception to the rule of a team doesn't have a transfer moving forward. Wonder how that will impact Mankato in short term since they've relied heavily on the transfer market. Now everyone is competing in there.
    When Augie won the NC in 2016 they had zero transfers on the roster. I would be really surprised to see that happen again in the future.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Lo Biondo left to play overseas somewhere (at least that's what I remember reading a few months back). The WSU team will have some talent but they are going to play small ball all year or they are going to play some young guys up front. There is only one upperclassman who is above 6'4 on the whole roster. Barring a late transfer, that's a small, young team up front.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Perhaps this is the right time to point out that in NSIC double headers at the Pentagon the Augie men will play first and the women second. Sources have yet to confirm if Adam requested this change.
    Hankering for the Regional tourney experience. Host team plays the everybody leaves.

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    Lo Biondo left to play overseas somewhere (at least that's what I remember reading a few months back). The WSU team will have some talent but they are going to play small ball all year or they are going to play some young guys up front. There is only one upperclassman who is above 6'4 on the whole roster. Barring a late transfer, that's a small, young team up front.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

It made a little bit of sense when UND was a nationally relevant women's program in D2 and the men were middling.
    Yes- back when they were playing ping- pong with NDSU to see who the national champs would be in D2 women's basketball- and they still hated it!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X