Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy had 10 D1 offers coming out of high school. Probably safe to assume there's a reason for that.

Comment

I tend to think you're right. It's just that everyone over 6'6 was at their senior prom last spring....That's never a good place to be....

Comment

I would imagine based on the timing of previous years that the coaches' poll will come out sometime this week.

Any predictions on who each team's Player to Watch will be? I'm guessing Riemersma will be Augie's. Curious to hear who Mankato, Northern, St. Cloud, and Winona fans think will get tagged for their respective teams. I would imagine it's Baumgartner (Baumgardner?) for Moorhead and maybe the Katona kid for Duluth. Guessing Jack Thompson for USF unless they give Cartwright the nod, but that would be weird since he hasn't played a game for them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          I would imagine based on the timing of previous years that the coaches' poll will come out sometime this week.

Any predictions on who each team's Player to Watch will be? I'm guessing Riemersma will be Augie's. Curious to hear who Mankato, Northern, St. Cloud, and Winona fans think will get tagged for their respective teams. I would imagine it's Baumgartner (Baumgardner?) for Moorhead and maybe the Katona kid for Duluth. Guessing Jack Thompson for USF unless they give Cartwright the nod, but that would be weird since he hasn't played a game for them yet.
          It probably has to be Belka for NSU because he is really the only one left from last year. The first month of the season has the potential to be really rough for this squad. Ultimately, I think NSU will be good and be in the mix by the time the conference tournament rolls around, but they will take some lumps early.

Comment

My guess for SCSU would be Anthony Roberts. 1st in the league last year in minutes played per game, 2nd in scoring, and 6th in rebounding.

Comment

Probably Baumgartner or McGhee for Msum.

Guessing:

Grinde for USF, Whitlow for WSU, Blair for UMD, Anderson or Kramer for Mankato, Belka for NSU, Roberts for scsu, Thompson for BSU, Cody for Minot, Byers for SMSU, Williams for UIU, Janssen for Wayne, Johns for CSP, Meyer for UMary, Reimersma for Augie and Channel or Shines for Crookston.

For some more fun my starting 5 out of the above list of talented players:

Baumgartner, Blair, Grinde, Roberts and Thompson.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Probably Baumgartner or McGhee for Msum.

Guessing:

Grinde for USF, Whitlow for WSU, Blair for UMD, Anderson or Kramer for Mankato, Belka for NSU, Roberts for scsu, Thompson for BSU, Cody for Minot, Byers for SMSU, Williams for UIU, Janssen for Wayne, Johns for CSP, Meyer for UMary, Reimersma for Augie and Channel or Shines for Crookston.

For some more fun my starting 5 out of the above list of talented players:

Baumgartner, Blair, Grinde, Roberts and Thompson.
                  Touche

Comment

Don't be sleeping on Kenny Byers this year, folks

Comment

Mustang starting five is in pretty good shape, with McCray, Byers, Kramer, Costello (transfer) and Phipps. Beyond that is a lot of unknowns.

Comment

My 1/2 are more like 1a/1b.
                        Spots 4-9 are basically interchangeable parts. I like Mavs potential and talent more this year than past.

1) Moorhead
                        2) Wayne
                        3) Sioux Falls
                        4) Mankato
                        5) Duluth
                        6) Augustana
                        7) Northern
                        8) Upper Iowa
                        9) Winona
                        10) St Cloud
                        11) Minot
                        12) Bemidji
                        13) SMSU
                        14) Mary
                        15) Concordia
                        16) Crookston

Comment

I see potential that 9-10 teams have very quality players in starting lineups. Which teams have the bench depth and stay healthy probably ultimately makes the difference over the long season..

Comment

Haven't done this in years...

1. Augustana
                            2. Wayne
                            3. Moorhead
                            4. Mankato
                            5. Sioux Falls
                            6. Northern
                            7. Bemidji
                            8. Duluth
                            9. Winona
                            10. Southwest
                            11. Upper Iowa
                            12. St. Cloud
                            13. Mary
                            14. Minot
                            15. Concordia
                            16. Crookston

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                              Haven't done this in years...

1. Augustana
                              2. Wayne
                              3. Moorhead
                              4. Mankato
                              5. Sioux Falls
                              6. Northern
                              7. Bemidji
                              8. Duluth
                              9. Winona
                              10. Southwest
                              11. Upper Iowa
                              12. St. Cloud
                              13. Mary
                              14. Minot
                              15. Concordia
                              16. Crookston
                              If Augie finishes first in the conference this year, no one will be happier than us Augie fans, but you have more faith in us than I do on that front. We have a great many unknowns, especially at the guard spot. Which is usually pretty important in the NSIC.

Comment

If Augie finishes first in the conference this year, no one will be happier than us Augie fans, but you have more faith in us than I do on that front. We have a great many unknowns, especially at the guard spot. Which is usually pretty important in the NSIC.
                                To double down on my bold prediction that I don't care how accurate it is, let me hit you with this.

I think Augie is going to break whatever the record is for points in the all-sports standings come the end of the spring season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X