Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA arenas

Which MIAA arenas are the best to watch a game? What arenas "need the most work?"
    Go Bronchos!

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
    Which MIAA arenas are the best to watch a game? What arenas "need the most work?"
    I've been in all except Hays, Washburn and Newman...worst are definitely Newman and Lincoln...HS Gym ish. Could throw Rogers into this mix...kind of a mini American Royal building that also hosts Rodeos and Livestock shows...my daughter said they had a bunch of **** in and around the locker rooms last year. I'll always despise Newman...only game of my daughter's HS and college career I could NOT attend...they didn't let any visitor fans in last year.

Emporia's is a Historical one...I didn't really like it, but can see why many would. To their defense...there was only 56 fans at the game I was at last year.

It would be interesting to see at game at UCM if they could fill their big facility...I bet that would be fun, but they don't draw that well.

NW's is lacking compared to most of the league.

I got a similar feel from Pitt, UCO, UNK, Southern. Want to be there again when there are crowds (last year Pitt had pretty decent crowds) won't be back to UCO's this year.

Western's is okay. (They could have the Taj Mahal and I wouldn't like it...:) )

Ask again after I've seen them all with crowds...last year sucked for sure.

I really liked NSU's new arena...wonder how loud it could be with a crowd...you're down in a bowl.

I've heard Hays' is really nice...I'll get to see it this year. I'll see Newman's this year, but won't see Washburn's until next season.

Comment

I think in terms of a true basketball arena feel and look, you have to go with Gross Memorial, White Auditorium and maybe UNK Sports and Health Center. The Multipurpose at UCM is a glorified machine shed. The rest seem to have that old gymnasium look.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

2500-3000
        Last edited by ichabodhater; 11-06-2021, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Unless the renovation of Bearcat Arena begins with the roof and getting rid of that awful cross-linking support, then it's a complete waste of time and money.

Didn't realize NSU had a new facility. Very nice.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I've been in all except Hays, Washburn and Newman...worst are definitely Newman and Lincoln...HS Gym ish. Could throw Rogers into this mix...kind of a mini American Royal building that also hosts Rodeos and Livestock shows...my daughter said they had a bunch of **** in and around the locker rooms last year. I'll always despise Newman...only game of my daughter's HS and college career I could NOT attend...they didn't let any visitor fans in last year.

Emporia's is a Historical one...I didn't really like it, but can see why many would. To their defense...there was only 56 fans at the game I was at last year.

It would be interesting to see at game at UCM if they could fill their big facility...I bet that would be fun, but they don't draw that well.

NW's is lacking compared to most of the league.

I got a similar feel from Pitt, UCO, UNK, Southern. Want to be there again when there are crowds (last year Pitt had pretty decent crowds) won't be back to UCO's this year.

Western's is okay. (They could have the Taj Mahal and I wouldn't like it...:) )

Ask again after I've seen them all with crowds...last year sucked for sure.

I really liked NSU's new arena...wonder how loud it could be with a crowd...you're down in a bowl.

I've heard Hays' is really nice...I'll get to see it this year. I'll see Newman's this year, but won't see Washburn's until next season.
                    Was last year the only game you have seen at White Auditorium? The set up last year was completely different due to the pandemic. Normally there are bleachers that come right down to the floor and during conference games bleachers that go up to the back of the stage. Also the press row that was opposite the benches isn't there during normal years and is part of a three row press set with the scorers table.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Was last year the only game you have seen at White Auditorium? The set up last year was completely different due to the pandemic. Normally there are bleachers that come right down to the floor and during conference games bleachers that go up to the back of the stage. Also the press row that was opposite the benches isn't there during normal years and is part of a three row press set with the scorers table.
                      Yes it was. It was the first game they let visitor parents into games. My thoughts were mostly aesthetic, since there were hardly any crowds. The ESU game was especially light on fans...parents only. I'll be back this year...I'd expect my opinion will change with a crowd...plus I was a bit salty about the public bathrooms situation in Emporia basically being closed...no indoor restaurant service, no bathroom access in convenience stores...had to wait until I could get into White Auditorium! In all my trips that was the only place that did that and the wind was blowing about 50mph...making outdoor urination quite a challenge! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Unless the renovation of Bearcat Arena begins with the roof and getting rid of that awful cross-linking support, then it's a complete waste of time and money.

Didn't realize NSU had a new facility. Very nice.
                        I'm with you... just implode it and start over. lol Waiting for NWHoops to donate the money to build us a facility like the Drury's O'Reilly Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I'm with you... just implode it and start over. lol Waiting for NWHoops to donate the money to build us a facility like the Drury's O'Reilly Center.
                          Going to be waiting a LONG time then, haha

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X