Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    It's not player related, but definitely D1 transfer related. The UND Fighting Hawks are currently 4-8 with 2 of those wins over Presentation College and North Central. Most of the losses have not been particularly close. This is year 3 (kinda) for Sather in Grand Forks. The COVID year certainly made things difficult, but it was that way for everybody. My question would be, how much time does Sather get to show some improvement? UND is not exactly a hot bed for basketball so perhaps they will be more patient, but that is one of the expectations when taking on D1.

Meanwhile, out in Wyoming everyone's favorite assistant coach has the Cowboys at 9-1. They haven't exactly played a murderer's row of a schedule and did get smoked by Arizona but that is still a good start. I always enjoy seeing Sunny post things and the juice seems to still be flowing.
    I didnt want to be the one to say it...but been texting a buddy about this. I want nothing but the best for Sather but it's had very few bright spots so far

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
      It's not player related, but definitely D1 transfer related. The UND Fighting Hawks are currently 4-8 with 2 of those wins over Presentation College and North Central. Most of the losses have not been particularly close. This is year 3 (kinda) for Sather in Grand Forks. The COVID year certainly made things difficult, but it was that way for everybody. My question would be, how much time does Sather get to show some improvement? UND is not exactly a hot bed for basketball so perhaps they will be more patient, but that is one of the expectations when taking on D1.

Meanwhile, out in Wyoming everyone's favorite assistant coach has the Cowboys at 9-1. They haven't exactly played a murderer's row of a schedule and did get smoked by Arizona but that is still a good start. I always enjoy seeing Sunny post things and the juice seems to still be flowing.
      Sundance is a good follow. My sister went to Northern same time as him and my Hippy Mom loved his named!

Comment

Hawk has 10 pts/5 rebounds late in 1st 1/2 vs #9 Villanova. As usual NW is getting some free publicity when they talk about Hawk

Comment

Hawk led both teams with 19 pts and led both teams with 11 rebounds plus 2 assists 2 steals and 3 turnovers as CU upset VU 79-59.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Hawk led both teams with 19 pts and led both teams with 11 rebounds plus 2 assists 2 steals and 3 turnovers as CU upset VU 79-59.
            . . . AND, a #9 Villanova, at that. Impressive. Would love to see Hawkins on the big stage when the NCAA playoffs roll around in March. Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

. . . AND, a #9 Villanova, at that. Impressive. Would love to see Hawkins on the big stage when the NCAA playoffs roll around in March. Fun!
              Good win for Creighton and toe one in the door for All-Conference bid.
              Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power
              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Greg M called Hawk a Godsend to his team.

Comment

DePaul forfeited to Creighton due to covid issues

Comment

DePaul forfeited to Creighton due to covid issues
                    You misspelled Ryan Hawkins.

Comment

Greg M called Hawk a Godsend to his team.
                      I love that it has come to that with Creighton HC McDermott making those comments about this former NW Bearcat Ryan Hawkins. But, he has actually acknowledged Hawkin's contributions to Creighton basketball since early in the season. Amusingly, I recall when Hawkin's made his decision to move make the D1 move and finally focused his attention coming to this Creighton Blue Jay team. HC McDermott basically warned this D2 Hawkins guy that he will "have to work his butt off" to make this team ... as though, it was a crap shoot "good luck", but (meh) ... 'welcome to Creighton Blue Jay basketball' kind of a deal. Hawkins simply has done what Hawkin's has always done throughout his college basketball career at NW, and now at Creighton. Good for him. Simply, it has been a great thing to see this solid relationship between Hawkins and HC McDermott develop to the high level it has reached since early in the season.

Comment

I've somewhat been stalking the gopherhole message board for any updates on Fox. If the most recent posts are accurate, it looks like Parker has decided to take a medical redshirt and will not play this season.

Comment

Not really that exciting since it doesn't include any Hawkins talk (hopefully this is OK to post) but Kallman will get to face up against Sather and UND tomorrow night.
                          Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 12-21-2021, 07:32 PM. Reason: I'm bad at knowing what day of the week it is

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            Not really that exciting since it doesn't include any Hawkins talk (hopefully this is OK to post) but Kallman will get to face up against Sather and UND tomorrow night.
                            I miss not hearing any Hawkins talk. Severai times a day I check for updates on Ryan. NW fans feed my need please.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I miss not hearing any Hawkins talk. Severai times a day I check for updates on Ryan. NW fans feed my need please.
                              I wonder what he has for breakfast on off days. I need details!
                              Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 12-22-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Will we see an NSU reunion in Minneapolis next season?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X