Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wolves have possessions where it looks like they get shocked if they step inside the three point line.

Comment

Janssen absolutely dominating Riemersma on both ends. Cats somehow only up 9 with 830 to go

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
        The Wolves have possessions where it looks like they get shocked if they step inside the three point line.
        A plethora of very poor shots have been taken by the Wolves.

Comment

UIU wins 85-72, built a 19 point lead mid second half and Winona clawed back to 6 at one point. Jareese went off during a stretch with some deep, deep 3's. Smoldt had tough time tonight from 3 pt. line 0-10, but others picked it up. Big game Saturday in Fayette as UIU hosts #6 Truman. A win would be huge heading into Mankato next week. Good D by UIU tonight, scrappy, and got after it. Winona played tough, they penetrated well and had some very good finishes in 2nd half.

Comment

Whatever we need to do to make sure Moni never leaves, im all in

Comment

I was impressed with the way the Wolves battled tonight. They got back to within one at one point after the atrocious start, but never really threatened in this one. This team will be much better by March. The shot selection was not good tonight. And the big guys need to play better or they will definitely struggle against good post players. I want to see more of Walton-Blanden as well. Moni is also going to be a star at NSU. I expected 4-3 by Thanksgiving. I think The schedule is favorable over the next month and we will see this team improve quite a bit.

Comment

Wayne grinds it out 63-59. Brutal turnover by Jamo down 3 and less than 20 seconds to go. Eagins had a huge floater and free throws down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                  This team will be much better by March.
                  The NSIC/Sanford tourney championship game is set for March 1. You hope they have a chance to prove you right.

I on the other hand will probably be poolside as of Feb. 20. Getting outrebounded by Duluth 41-26(with only 2 of those offensive) leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

The NSIC/Sanford tourney championship game is set for March 1. You hope they have a chance to prove you right.

I on the other hand will probably be poolside as of Feb. 20. Getting outrebounded by Duluth 41-26(with only 2 of those offensive) leaves a lot to be desired.
                    Good thing you have backup gear if the Clouds don't float into the postseason *

*Provided that the Wolves do

Comment

I can't believe it, but the Vikings had it down to 2 with 1:00 to go. If Wayne is really a top 2-3 team in the conference (as the coaches predicted) and we were that close to coming away with a win after shooting 32% from the field and 19% from three for the game, I'm hopeful that we might actually be competitive for most of the year. But I'd much rather just see us shoot well and make shots and win a game like this instead of shooting very poorly and losing it at the very end after battling back from what seemed like an insurmountable deficit based on how we were playing for most of the game.

Still...first loss of the year. With Washburn on the schedule, I was hoping for 4-1, but planned not to be surprised if we were 3-2. I'm ok with 4-1 right now, even if this should have been a winnable game.

Comment

In other interesting news for the evening, Crookston beats Bemidji by 10, Mary beats Minot by 4, and SMSU takes down USF. I don't know that I would've picked any of those, though I had expected USF/SMSU would be a close one.

Comment

Man, it's fun having basketball back

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                            In other interesting news for the evening, Crookston beats Bemidji by 10, Mary beats Minot by 4, and SMSU takes down USF. I don't know that I would've picked any of those, though I had expected USF/SMSU would be a close one.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                              I can't believe it, but the Vikings had it down to 2 with 1:00 to go. If Wayne is really a top 2-3 team in the conference (as the coaches predicted) and we were that close to coming away with a win after shooting 32% from the field and 19% from three for the game, I'm hopeful that we might actually be competitive for most of the year. But I'd much rather just see us shoot well and make shots and win a game like this instead of shooting very poorly and losing it at the very end after battling back from what seemed like an insurmountable deficit based on how we were playing for most of the game.

Still...first loss of the year. With Washburn on the schedule, I was hoping for 4-1, but planned not to be surprised if we were 3-2. I'm ok with 4-1 right now, even if this should have been a winnable game.
                              It did get very close there at the end. A couple of WSC miscues, and Augie hit some shots to make the margin razor thin. Both teams played with tremendous intensity, and the officials really let both teams play very physical defense, to the detriment of any kind of offensive flow. Shooters and ball handlers got abused. Janssen was complaining about getting fouled frequently, and I'm sure the Augie squad had similar complaints.

Akoi is going to be a very valuable player for Augie. High energy, quick hands, aggressive rebounder and defender. He's a bit frantic when he gets the ball, but once the offensive end off the game slows down a little for him....well, watch out NSIC.

Comment

USF-SMSU games are always a battle. Looks like last night was no different. This stat from the game summary cut deep though:

"In the series, SMSU has won five of the seven games decided by two points or fewer."

This explains so much. I always felt like we managed to drop heartbreakers to the Stangs.
                                4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                                2016 NSIC Champions
                                🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X