Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There goes my Friday evening entertainment...really blows.

Comment

Sigh.... USF vs. Mary at the Stewie just called off. No NSIC contests this weekend for the Coo men.

Game against Mt. Mary on Sunday has also been cancelled.
      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
      2016 NSIC Champions
      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Is Mary already in Sioux Falls? Just have them drive to the Pentagon and play Augie tonight instead. At this point teams that are able to play games this week should get a bonus point in the standings. This all stinks. Hopefully everyone will be ok and able to continue the season next week.

Comment

Embarrassing for the League. The protocols are a joke. Healthy young men.

Comment

Purely from a conference tournament standpoint, the timing of all of these cancellations might not be the worst. We are entering the crossover portion with North vs. South for the next 4 weeks. If COVID runs through every team at some point you would expect every team to miss a few games. Hopefully by the end of the season all of teams will be healthy. IF there are a lot of cancellations the NSIC could go back to last years method for tournament seeding, essentially just treating each Division as its own conference. This could be important, because for example missing a game vs Duluth is very different than missing a game vs Crookston for a South team. And with only 6 from each division making the tournament this would seem a fair way to go about seeding.

Now from an NCAA tournament standpoint this could either be a big negative or a positive depending on where you stand. If Upper Iowa misses out on Duluth they might be ok with that because they have a pretty good start to the season. Northern on the other hand could use a shot or 2 against some of the better South teams to bolster their resume.

To be clear, I hate that I'm even thinking like this. I wish everybody could play all of their games. But unless something changes, this appears to be the world we are living in for yet another college basketball season.

Comment

As for games that will actually be played, the NSU vs Wayne game tonight should be a good one. As has been mentioned here, I believe Janssen can sometimes struggle with bigger or more athletic post players. He has looked somewhat average the past couple of years vs Northern, but Parker Fox isn't walking into Rice Auditorium tonight. Janssen could have a big game if the Wolves don't figure out something inside. Eagins will also present some problems, but at this point I feel more confident in our perimeter defense than inside.

I really want to see if Busch can carry over some momentum from Sunday's game. That was the best he has played in a while. Wayne always plays tough, physical defense so Masten, Moni, and Belka will have to make some tough shots. It might be a difficult weekend for Reede to get shots off. Only a few hours till tip, hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                As for games that will actually be played, the NSU vs Wayne game tonight should be a good one. As has been mentioned here, I believe Janssen can sometimes struggle with bigger or more athletic post players. He has looked somewhat average the past couple of years vs Northern, but Parker Fox isn't walking into Rice Auditorium tonight. Janssen could have a big game if the Wolves don't figure out something inside. Eagins will also present some problems, but at this point I feel more confident in our perimeter defense than inside.

I really want to see if Busch can carry over some momentum from Sunday's game. That was the best he has played in a while. Wayne always plays tough, physical defense so Masten, Moni, and Belka will have to make some tough shots. It might be a difficult weekend for Reede to get shots off. Only a few hours till tip, hopefully...
                I tend to agree, but had to look back and see how last year went. One very good game (19pts, 13 rebounds, 3 assists) and one clunker by Janssen standards (9, 5, and 2, although Wayne barely lost that one, and got solidly beaten in the first).

I tend to believe Wayne will live or die by their guard play. Janssen pretty much is what he is, game after game. Almost always effective but a fairly low variance player, good to score in the mid teens to low twenties, and about 9 boards. He won't suddenly go off for 35, but neither will he be a dud. Our plethora of guards however are a wildcard. Some nights they look great, and others they look young...which most of them are.

Looking forward to it. Might be the last basketball I'll see live for awhile if this unfortunate cancelation trend continues.

Comment

what a joke. shameful

Comment

amazing how it will never end

Comment

Nice finish to the half by the wildcats, up by 9. Defense got stronger as the game progressed. Strangely quiet half for Janssen who spent a lot of time on the bench but Eagins caught fire again and carried the offense.

Comment

Wayne wins by 16 with some balanced 2nd half scoring. Northern made a run or two but couldn't get closer than about 5. Good performance by the Cats following a pretty ugly game at Augie.

Comment

After a halftime tie at 27, Vikings storm back for a 67-50 win. Great crowd with plenty of NSU fans. In BB I feel more of a rival with the Wolves than any other team. Vikings lead all-time series 41-40. That tight.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                            After a halftime tie at 27, Vikings storm back for a 67-50 win. Great crowd with plenty of NSU fans. In BB I feel more of a rival with the Wolves than any other team. Vikings lead all-time series 41-40. That tight.
                            40-38 in favor of Northern... ;)

https://nsuwolves.com/documents/2021...2021Update.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                              Was quoting our radio guy. I'll go with his numbers. Regardless it's tight

Comment

With Duluth being undefeated. I'm surprised none of their fans are on this forum crowing like a dawn rooster. Must be that hawkey thing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X